What battery do you use?

A

Anonymous

The battery on my Pulsar has finally died in this cold weather, it's been on it's way out for a while. Now I'm looking for a new one, which model will fit and also does anyone have any fav makes or brands?

Thanks

Ben

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ben said:
The battery on my Pulsar has finally died in this cold weather, it's been on it's way out for a while. Now I'm looking for a new one, which model will fit and also does anyone have any fav makes or brands?

Thanks

Ben

Nissan Micra 'K10' Battery... £28 from Nissan...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

Macro sounds even better, got a web address or phone number for them?

Thanks

Ben

B

BOYYYDY

I use a Banner 50400, its the new calcium calcium type battery, the same size as the standard battery but a lot more powerfull. Oh, and its got four posts which is usefull for ICE installs. Not too expensive, around 35 plus vat.

B

bean

Does anyone know what year/spec the Micra K10 battery is?

I was gonna pop down to Halfords and see what they got.

Found it, Pre 92 model. :)

A

Anonymous

Got mine from Part Co in the end. Total £28.70 delivered to work.

M

Mulisha

What ever you do don't buy a Bosch. they cant stand the alternator and bubble over, wreck your hood and eat your airfilter. :evil:

C

caz

Don't know but its bloody massive. All my mates pulsar's batterys are tiny compared to mine

jonee

battery

ive mounted mine in the back of the car in a battery box.this meens that you can use a hd diesel battery.the advantage of all this is that you are left with a great big space for ducting to the air filter.

Cris

IMHO best bet is to fit a battery tray off a UK Sunny GTI (or perhaps lower model). They are much bigger than the Pulsar tray. You can then fit a decent sized battery.

I butchered mine then fitted one with about twice the capacity. Only problem was finding one with the correct sized posts (I was trying to get to work so didn't have time to mess about).

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've just bought a micra battery from a motor factors, so I'll see how it goes. £28incl I think it was.

E

Edd

Fast Guy said:
I've just bought a micra battery from a motor factors, so I'll see how it goes. £28incl I think it was.
same here, bought mine just before car went to hiteq, had no problems with it hope it still works when i get it back :? :shock: