What are the next best brake pads other than Pagid and Mintex?

S

shorti

I have the choice of:

OE replacement
EBC Green Stuff
Axxis Ultimate
ROTEX GOLD KEVLAR
Akebono ProACT Ceramic

I have stock rotors front and back, what would be the best pads for normal/fast street driving?

youngsyp

shorti said:
I have the choice of:

OE replacement
EBC Green Stuff
Axxis Ultimate
ROTEX GOLD KEVLAR
Akebono ProACT Ceramic

I have stock rotors front and back, what would be the best pads for normal/fast street driving?
I wouldn't bother with the first 2 on your list. The EBC Greenstuff pads are very poor, verging on dangerous for the R ! Haven't personally heard of the other 3 choices in your list either, they must be aimed at the Canadian/north American market ?!

I found Pagid fast road pads were very good, initial bite is excellent and they are quite consistent upto high temps but, they can fade if used to the extreme. I currently use Mintex M1144's up front (Pagid fast road on the rear) after opting for those over the M1155 compound, due to all the good reports I'd heard about the M1144 compound. They have good initial bite and just get better with heat. If you can't source these in Canada (try www.motorsportworld.co.uk) have a look for Performance Friction pads. I haven't used the personally but, have read nothing but good reports about them !

I will add that I don't run stock rotors at the front but, my calipers are all stock !

A

another sunny

i have EBC red stuff pads on mine, they have to be warmed . I late brake all of the time they which keeps them warm but if you drive sensibly and dont keep them warm they can be a little frightening.