What aftermarket injectors can be used as direct swap with OEM?

P11SR20DET

As the subject says...I have been getting some leaking injectors - 2 so far - it leaks between the connector plate and the injector body. I suspect the other two will eventually start to leak in the near future. I am wanting to know what aftermarket injectors will work back with the stock fuel rail, stock ECU, stock wiring. Any recommendations? Thanks alot.

P11SR20DET

Well I did a search and found a thread stating that the stock ECU with stock map will NOT support anything other than the standard injectors? What then would be the bare minimum piggy back that could work with an aftermarket set of injectors? I am not interested in going into Nistune / Calumsult etc.

P11SR20DET

Guys - any suggestions on what "direct swap" injectors would be sufficient? I don't want to mess with resistor packs and the like. Just fuel computer and injectors. Bare minimum?

skiddusmarkus

Are you wanting a lot more power?If not, you couldn't get simpler than buying some standard injectors, they usually come up for between £50-100 on here.

P11SR20DET

Thanks for the offer guys. I actually would like to avoid putting back used OEM injectors, as their track record doesn't seem to be too good with me lately. And all three (yes - I'm up to the third on leaking now) have leaked in the same place. I am not looking for more power than what can be had with the standard setup (stock ecu, turbo, internals). My current additions are Walbro 255lph, Aeromotive FPR, FMIC, ACT street/strip, AVCR, HKS SSQV, 2.5" exhaust piping. Having to "upgrade" injectors with a fuel controller may just be a bit of a bonus in squeezing a few more horses out.

Although, I may just resort to putting in used OEM's as that's the cheaper route. I could potentially have them shipped to either a sky box in the UK, or to a work associate who lives in the UK.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Hang about... are you using an after-market FPR to increase the pressure? Could it be that it's too high, and that's why they're leaking; you're better-off running less pressure and bigger injectors.

P11SR20DET

^^^HMmmmm...You've got a point there. At idle the pressure reads about 43 psi. I'm not sure how it behaves under boost though....I might look into a fuel pressure gauge for inside the car? Or maybe just back off a little on the regulator?