Very odd brake question

:oops: Anyone know if i can run old style Wilwood callipers with standard sized Tarox disks?

Please don't rip my bleedin head off for being an idiot, a simple no will do.

erm, if no, i'd like to know why, unless they will fit of course...

You know what i mean :oops:

Mr GTiR

Alex, sorry for not replying to your text but my phone is playing up atm.

I'm pretty sure that the standard Tarox will not fit as the disc's are not wide enough for the caliper. Just measure the tickness of the Willwood disc and likewise measure the Tarox to see if there is any difference.

As long as the disc's are the same size, the only factor which will determine if they will work or not is the thickness of the disc.

A

Anonymous

No worries about the phone mate, you haven't had me calling you at midnight going "is that a Mongoose exhaust with a different tailpipe, or what does this do etc like some of me mates... :oops: "

Mr GTiR said:
As long as the disc's are the same size, the only factor which will determine if they will work or not is the thickness of the disc.
Do you mean thickness of contact area with the pad or thickness of the actual disk-front on? The Tarox are the same diameter as Nissan's standard discs- it would mean removing the Wilwood bracket so the Wilwood calliper sits in the original Nissan calliper place, as my Wilwood discs are larger...see what i mean... I don't know if this is possible, also is the Wilwood calliper made specially for the size of disc i have now or will it fit any size bigger or smaller... Plus would i kill a standard size Tarox disc in days using it with the Wilwood calliper...

You know me mate- Newbie oddball questions afoot. If you don't know what i'm on about, i'll see you Saturday anyway.

Ta
Alex