Vented rear discs - are they available??

boucherie

Like the subject says, im looking for some decent rear brakes for the R, and want to replace the standard solid jobbies. Does anyone do a vented grooved version, or can you only get the big rear brake conversions?
also what are the costs of either the grooved or big brake kit, and where do you get them from?

cheers

MarkTurbo

Just my 2p's worth but unless you've got a silly amount of bhp or you drive like a complete cooont (trackdays etc) i wouldnt bother :wink:

I dont know whats available off the shelf apart from the big rear disc kits that use the standard caliper but you could probably get some bigger vented rear discs and a set of huge 4 pots on the back if you really wanted to 8)

boucherie

yeah i see your point, its just that ive got me 17's on now, and the rear discs look tiny especially as ive got a big set of 4pots on the front. il wait till the rear pads need changing and make a decision from there!!

MarkTurbo

boucherie said:
its just that ive got me 17's on now, and the rear discs look tiny
Thats an expensive way of doing things just to make the rear brakes bigger :lol:

If you do get bigger discs and different calipers at the rear an adjustable brake bias valve would probably be a good idea too :wink:

R

Red Rice rocket

if you go to vented discs then you would also have to change the caliper as its for a solid disc only , you would have to fit another handbrake calipers which would need brackets , and probably a handbrake cable change , it could be done but its quite a bit of work , another option is the larger kits like what we sell , 300mm solid discs with alloy bells , bracket and pads , £395 delivered , but you would need a bigger front kit on or the brakes on the rear would work too well

MarkTurbo

Red Rice rocket said:
but you would need a bigger front kit on or the brakes on the rear would work too well
Not really, a brake bias valve would do the job :wink:

But then you'd have to question the intelligence of some one who'd put bigger rear brakes on and leave the fronts standard :lol: :lol: :lol:

R

Red Rice rocket

yes you could put a brake bias valve to shut them down , but then its pointless putting them on in the first place , you should only fit large rear ones after putting them on the front first

O

Odin

Red Rice rocket said:
yes you could put a brake bias valve to shut them down , but then its pointless putting them on in the first place , you should only fit large rear ones after putting them on the front first

I think vented disc's on the back of a car that has most of it's weight over the front axle is a compleat waste of time :roll: .

And fitting a bias valve just makes fitting them a waste of time anyway.

I have 304mm AP's fitted on the front with pagid grooved discs and pads on the rear which I find to be a very good set up for both road ans track day use.

I haven't managed to get them to fad yet 8) :D

rob

O

Odin

As you can see the pagid disc's don't come cheap, But are very good indeed, I have the 16 groove by the way just in case you where going to ask :wink: .

rob

C

Crazy

Grooved rear discs???

Can you still get the Grooved rear discs for £140???

If so what make are they???

Need some new rear discs for my GTIR :wink:

GTiR_Mic

Im sure 3G Brakes do rear groved discs for the R. They are also made from the brembo molds and they don't come wuth the same price tag :wink:

Michael

O

Odin

paulrandy said:
I can do you a pair of these for £140 delivered.

Thats a lot of money for two rear disc's :shock: , Who make's them?.

My pagid one where £140 a pair and look a lot better made than them :? .

rob

C

Crazy

Where did you get yor Pagids from Rob???

Need a set for this weekend if possible :wink:

O

Odin

Crazy said:
Where did you get yor Pagids from Rob???

Need a set for this weekend if possible :wink:

I got mine quite a while ago mate from jonny at grasshopper motor sport :wink: .

rob

C

Crazy

Cheers Rob I will have to give them a bell and see if they have any in stock :wink: