vacuum problems please help

D

davetherave

Hi people, ive just had my car back after a full rebuild, (pistons,rings,big ends etc...)
But the garge hasnt put the vacuum pipes back together properly, and i dont want to go back as they were complete ar*eholes about the whole rebuild with the sime it took.:censored: :der:

Has any one got any pictures of the vacuum system? particulary behind the inlet plenum?:-D

ive got some pics if that helps.

where does the pipe that comes off the actuator go please?

anyone know how to plumb in the power boost valve correctly?

also the dump valve wont dump anymore, but it used to before the rebuild, tried it on another car (s13 ca18det) and works perfectly

many thanks
Dave:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ard1ey

Bloody useless cowboys :(

Here's a piccy http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=510&stc=1&d=1177586951.

As stu-gtir said, the pipe from your wastegate actuator goes onto the stub circled in red. It should go via a metal pipe fixed to your top-mount intercooler frame though, and IIRC there should be a restrictor in the piece of pipe coming from the manifold.

You can see the fuel pressure reg connections in the pic, but I don't know which end of your FPR is the return side - sorry.

From the back underside of the plenum you should have three pipes - 2 large (ish), one small (which should go into a Y-piece splitter). One of the pipes from the Y-piece connects to the FPR, the other to the manifold pressure sensor on the wing. The large pipe with a perforated sleeving goes to the charcoal canister near the suspension strut, the other large pipe should go onto your dump valve.

Attachments

O

Odin

The power boost valve should be fitting in the fuel return line after the injectors and fuel rail, You should have the fuel line coming from the tank via the fuel filter, This goes to the fuel rail, You then have a fuel return going to the same area as the fuel filter, If the standard fuel reg as been removed you should have some kind of adaptor bolted to the rail, This is the line that the new fuel reg should be fitted ( power boost valve).

Mind you most people say they are rubbish, So I'd be tempted to revert to standard if I where you mate.

Rob