urgent help required for buying a gtir

D

djlittle

i'm lookin into buying a gtir and have come across one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572125071&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

i was wondering if anyone lives near this location to possibly go and have a look at it for me and tell me whether it is worth the money or not? the reason i ask ic because i live in northern ireland. please can someone help me cause there is only less than 2 days remaining?

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks

A

AZ STE

Why dont you ring him?? id never buy a gtir without going over it with a fine tooth comb not a picture,with 9 owners and that mileage youve got to start asking some questions dont rush into anything try buying an R of an owner club member. The plate does look familiar anyone recognise it??

D

djlittle

i am looking for a uk spec r cause the insurance is an extra £1000. this is the only i can find which is under £4000 to buy. i know very little about these cars so any info wopuld help greatly

Mr GTiR

From that reg plate i'm sure it was a previous owner off here.

Buying a UK car does not make that much difference and anyway how can the insurance tell :wink:

D

djlittle

i thought a uk car was a sunny and an import was called a pulsar?

A

AZ STE

If you "dont know much about these cars" ,id say even more hold back and look at as may as you can ,as well as reading as much as you can on this forum or you could pay for it :wink:

G

greeny308

A UK Spec Car has 17 digit's in the chassis number, A Jap Imp. usually has between 7-12. Thats how they can tell - but you should try Adrian Flux Ins. They r really good on performance Jap imports as long as you have at least a cat 2 immob. This car is in my area as i live on the outskirts of the city and i think ive seen it before being battered, but hey - dont we all now and again! unfortunately i cant look at it for you b'cos of the hours i work - but dont buy one without at least being taken round the block in it or having a drive yourself.

mattygti-r

djlittle said:
i am looking for a uk spec r cause the insurance is an extra £1000. this is the only i can find which is under £4000 to buy. i know very little about these cars so any info wopuld help greatly
sums up alot of owners of late

ive only got £4k to buy one etc, when will people realise you need alot of money to run one of these cars :roll:

D

djlittle

Mattygti-r wrote:

ive only got £4k to buy one etc, when will people realise you need alot of money to run one of these cars
As i said i know very little about these cars and i'm lookin for something standard. however if i came across a very good example i would be willing to pay extra for it. thanks every1 for their help anyway

G

greeny308

dont worry though dude, i aint got a lot of money - but i can run one! the most expensive part is the fuel it consumes they are such GREEDY B**tards! mine is a very reliable r, thankfully, so i dont get to many reasons to complain about her and i look after her, there are some mods on mine but nothing too over the top - got about 60bhp more than standard and she fly's! quick enuff 4 me! although you never know what might go wrong when all seems to good to be true! but happy hunting and i hope you have an esso petrol pump in your garden! your gonna be visiting it quite often!