Urgent Advice!!! Re- Clutch

serks2

Does anybody have a EXEDy Fast road cluch on ther R" If so i just want to know if i have made the right choice by getting one!! are they reliable???

Cheerz:)

J

justin666

Is that an organic plate or paddle????

I suggest you dont do a search for Exedy clutch's on this site cause you mite not like what your read :sad: :sad:

Spec, RPS, or Helix seem to be the clutches to go for at the mo :oops:

J.

serks2

justin666 said:
Is that an organic plate or paddle????

I suggest you dont do a search for Exedy clutch's on this site cause you mite not like what your read :sad: :sad:

Spec, RPS, or Helix seem to be the clutches to go for at the mo :oops:

J.

Its the organic!! how do i search about it!!

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
serks2 said:
Its the organic!! how do i search about it!!
Go to the top tool bar underneath the gtiroc.com banner & you will see a tab called 'search', click on that & add in your search info.

serks2

Aimee said:
Go to the top tool bar underneath the gtiroc.com banner & you will see a tab called 'search', click on that & add in your search info.
i just looked at the old posts about exedy!!! i so regret buying one now!!!:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :mad2:

J

justin666

serks2 said:
i just looked at the old posts about exedy!!! i so regret buying one now!!!:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :mad2:
Where did you buy it from.?? Send it back and tell um you no longer need it and get a refund (assuming you brought it new and not from fleabay!). If you can do that get yourself a nice RPS Max street or helix organic which are proven items now :thumbsup:

Remember thom there are some people who do run the exedy and have had no problems. Luck of the draw it seems :? :?

Live and learn tho dude. Remember, This site is a valuable source of info and we are all here to help where we can. Researching parts etc before parting with hard earned cash can save alot of money and agro in the long run so always worth clicking search 1st mate ;-)

J.

geoff pine

YES i have an exedy organic fitted by r.c on 29/09/03 and its been fine . The lads that ran the north west rr day (tdi north )said it was a good clutch with no slip at all. Idid read that there was an issue with the bearing that were suplied with the early kits but ive had no problems. :nerner:

serks2

justin666 said:
Where did you buy it from.?? Send it back and tell um you no longer need it and get a refund (assuming you brought it new and not from fleabay!). If you can do that get yourself a nice RPS Max street or helix organic which are proven items now :thumbsup:

Remember thom there are some people who do run the exedy and have had no problems. Luck of the draw it seems :? :?

Live and learn tho dude. Remember, This site is a valuable source of info and we are all here to help where we can. Researching parts etc before parting with hard earned cash can save alot of money and agro in the long run so always worth clicking search 1st mate ;-)

J.
I baught it from clutch and geerbox limited pretty cheap £175 its a organic 1 plate!! thaks for all your help.
I regret it now
:)

mad max

yes i have one fitted i was told it was good for 450bhp i done about 2k (miles)and it slips and i regret it to

gtir bean

i have the hyper paddle that comes with the flywheel etc and its been fine for about 20k miles at 1bar anyway.im sure its rated for over 400 lbf so i dont think i will be stressing it too hard.:)