uprated suspension

A

Anonymous

right im after uprated suspension but, there seems to be very few options:
1) leda 950 + vat and fitting
2)tein type ha 1350 +vat and fitting
3)nismo shocks and 'another' companies springs for approx 800+vat and fitting from tdi.
4) koni inserts and 'another ' companies springs for approx 880 +vat and fitting from abbey

but i dont understand nismo spendin x amount on makin thier own shocks only to have another companies springs on it? how do they no how much poundage springs will be put on?

seems alot of money for like amazin suspension or alot of money for mismatched suspension!!

does anyone know of any suspension kits( shocks an springs) for reasonable money???

A

Anonymous

fitting is extra

fitting is extra.
but when i spoke to leda they said £1500 inc fitting and vat thier kit costs 950.
i did hear spax were devolping a kit and the coil over kit for a scooby was 675 so if we all phone spax an tell em to poll thier finger out and make us a kit.
or i know sejoc who import ebc brakes now do loadsa other stuff inc custom made suspension but i have no idea to what sort of spec i need like spring pondage or shock spec??

Hkondakci

Hi,
TEIN make the Type HA, with or without pillow top mounts. Also you have JIC SF-1 coilovers (only height adj) with or without top mounts, and of course the JIC SA-1 (as the TEIN and LEDA's height and rebound adj) with or without topmounts.
Than you have the INTRAX height adj only coilover. This is a very good piece of kit, with all kinds of spring rates you can choose from; I use this kit; only negative side is that's not rebound adj.

Mail PM if you like help on this.
rgds
habib

A

Ash

I would say get the TEINs.
I have recently had TEIN HA's installed, and while I can't compare them to any other brands (as these are the first suspension upgrade I have ever done) I can say at least you get a complete package of springs and shocks, with ample adjustment for road and track work.

...but I must admit, they seem quite pricey in the UK from your quote :cry:

Hkondakci

Certainly would advise TEIN's. These are very-very good and 16 level adjustable 8) . But there are other also alternatives. :wink:

rgds
habib

T

tombola

lower it

want to lower my R it has blue nismo strut/shocks (non adjustable) are these standard fitment? seen a couple of spring kits around £125 but
dont know if these will work well with these shocks :eek:

skiddusmarkus

Now what i would like is the Tein active suspension.A mate went out in a Skyline with it on and said it was just awesome.There's a computer that controls damping etc I think 8) .