uprated clutch

A

Anonymous

Can anyone recommend a good fast road clutch as mines slipping under power ( costing me races ). Whats the best material as i dont know jack about clutches (ceramic, organic, twin plate etc)

Strange as my cars only 240Bhp

Help needed.

Cheers kevin.

mattygti-r

my r is about the same power ive an AP Paddle in it, its hard as nails lol

some may say its difficult to drive in traffic but its its racing starts etc u want go the paddle route :wink:

K

krikra

I also have theese problems with the standard clutch at 240hp :(

I think if you want to drive the gtir like its ment to be driven you need an uprated clutch of some kind.. even at 230-240hp

A

Anonymous

5 stud brass button with a one tonne pressure plate

or something like that..

J

J-GTi-R

He probably doesn't quite need that, plus the 'box doesn't tend to like button clutches. The Helix organic would be spot on for this car.

A

Anonymous

haha yeah i gotta start looking for something new to put on, i think i had a button, and you are right the box dosnt like them,

A

Anonymous

thanks all.

Will a helix organic or similar be able to handle more power when i crank the boost up (going to 1Bar very soon) or will i need a better one again, is there a good one that will handle a good bit more power but still run well with my measly 240Bhp.

Also does anyone know how much it costs to fit these things, what should i roughly be paying (none of this nissan dealer crap they take the piss!!!)

Cheers kev.

geetee

I believe Powerstation charge £230 + fluids for fitting.

That's on top of the cost of ur clutch of course :)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

Mate,

I've got an AP organic and it holds 1 bar no probs. I went for this rather than a paddle to protect my gearbox (I'd rather the clutch slips than start stripping gears!) Unless you plan on uprating the gearbox I'd go for an organic.

Dunc

J

J-GTi-R

Both the Helix and AP will easily handle 1 bar power and torque. The AP is quite heavy, the Helix a bit springy, depends how you want the pedal to feel. I prefer the Helix myself as it's more traffic friendly.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Whitey said:
Also does anyone know how much it costs to fit these things, what should i roughly be paying (none of this nissan dealer crap they take the piss!!!)

Cheers kev.

Everyone take note because this is going to shock you... Nissan only charge £235 inc VAT for a clutch change on a GTiR... :shock:

Davey

Everyone take note because this is going to shock you... Nissan only charge £235 inc VAT for a clutch change on a GTiR...
Argh, i hope that aint right m8, cos im paying 250 plus vat to have mine done tommorrow.
Cant see thats right, they wanted nearly 300 i think, to do my knock sensor!

Whitey, i'll post up after i have my AP fitted, to let you know what its like :D

MarkTurbo

Duncan said:
I've got an AP organic and it holds 1 bar no probs. I went for this rather than a paddle to protect my gearbox (I'd rather the clutch slips than start stripping gears!)
I've got an AP organic in mine (new type one) and it seems really harsh between gearchanges to me :? And i've just stripped all the teeth off second in my gearbox :cry: Probably just down to the way i drive :roll:

But anyone else find the new AP organic a bit harsh?

A

Anonymous

Mark Turbo,

Mine doesn't feel harsh at all. Could just be what I'm used to as my Williams has got a very heavy clutch. Doesn't feel to different from standard to me.

Hope you get your box sorted. Have you tried GBH motorsport? (01206861791) They did mine and I would highly recommend them. Ask for Bob, he knows me and should be able to sort you out.

Dunc