uprated cams/springs

K

krikra

I know the HKS cams are a direct fit - just stick them on the standard pulleys. Is that also the case with the JUN cams??

I know a lift over 11mm will need uprated springs but is fitting theese springs a head off job?

double post deleted

I

Innovate Performance

Hi the Jun cams should be a direct fit,
It is alot easier to change the springs with the head off.

On another note I am going to do a group buy and JUN Cam Kits and some other JUN products, Will post details tomorrow.

Surry

I know a lift over 11mm will need uprated springs but is fitting theese springs a head off job?
Well with the right tools OHV valve spring comperssor and good magnet. It is possible, i changed my valve stem oil seals on my gtir without taking the head off, (that meant taking springs off) but make sure if you do you dont loose any collets down the oil holes or the head will probably have to come off. I dropped one down near the timing chain, luckily took the sump off and it came out.

edited to say it aint easy as James said...

Cheers
Jon

I

Innovate Performance

Surry said:

edited to say it aint easy as James said...

Cheers
Jon
I said it is easier with the head off

K

krikra

Thanks

Thats what I thought..

If I remeber right the 264 JUN cams have 10,8mm lift so I take it I want need to do the springs? But still maybe a good idea....

But then again if changing the springs then why not go all the way and get 12mm/12,5mm lift cams..

Mr GTiR

I've got 11.5mm lift cams and i'm using the standard springs.

I think any more than this then yes new springs and also rocker stopper bracket is needed.

lol, have fun reshimming it up :p

K

krikra

Funny thing is I just went through the trouble of shimming it with the old cams because it was ticking a lot when I got the car.. Should have just waited :roll: But then again Im getting used to this shimming work 8)

ashills

Mr GTiR said:
I've got 11.5mm lift cams and i'm using the standard springs.

I think any more than this then yes new springs and also rocker stopper bracket is needed.

lol, have fun reshimming it up :p
andy i would really recomend teh rocker stoppers anyway as they are such a simple mod and can save so much grief trust me i know lol

K

krikra

What lift does the HKS 264 have? Read somewhere about stage 1,2,3 HKS cams.. Where can information on theese cams be found?

Please help me out on this as I need to find out which cams to go for so I can order them along with some other parts.

Just had a big supplier telling me that there is NO HKS cams available for the GTIR at all???

I need some specs on the HKS cams availbale and maybe even part numbers.. Help much apprechiated

K

krikra

yeah I know - thats what I told him :roll:

But would be easier if I could just give him the HKS part number on the cams I want..

I

Innovate Performance

HKS Cams And part numbers.

The stage 1,2,3 only really applie to this like skylines and some other cars.
HKS 264 Inlet cam 2202-EX001
HKS 264 Exhaust cam 2202-EX002

K

krikra

thanks james :wink:

could you maybe also supply me the part number on the HKS rocker stopper kit? Just in case the supplier also says that this is non excisting :roll:

He mentioned that all of you running HKS cams in your RNN14 was maybe using the S13 SR20DET spec. cams?? Is this the case - are they infact S13 cams?

K

krikra

Must admit that all the suppliers that list HKS cams doesnt seem to include the GTIR(RNN14)
Only S13/S14 is listed. So it isnt just this one supplier that is crazy..

But managed to find them listed on www.hkseurope.com incl partnumbers.