Unleaded and octane booster

gtirneil

I was desperate for fuel today so i added 5 litres of premium unleaded but also added some octane booster (thats boosts it by 3 points), will i be ok leaving this in or should i try and get some Optimax in it asap. I only drive the car in and out of the warehouse at work over winter, so dont cover a great distance, cheers.

M

Mr Overboooost

buy some high octane fuel and use it as an octane booster using about 2.5ltres at a time as most octane boosters are pretty cr@p

cheers
gary

gtirneil

i work in the middle of nowhere

my car is currently being stored at work under 24 hour security....

i need to move it daily so hence i need petrol

the nearest shell station is 15 miles away i have half an hour a day for lunch... and thats the only time i can travel to get it...

was just hoping for a bit of friendly advice.... which i got at the start... then it turned into a bitching session.... :roll:

MarkTurbo

gtirneil said:
then it turned into a bitching session.... :roll:
When :?: :roll: Its called taking the p*ss :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, have you heard of jerry cans :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattygti-r

just filil it up with a full tank of Fuel

one thing u learn with an R is make good use of Shell stations

do a twice weekly visit to the shell garage

if ur that desparate for fuel use BP 97ron

but NEVER NEVER NEVER use 95! octane bosot is a waste of time

bengilmore

Ive a similar problem.
The nearest 97octane pump is 30 miles away from me, and i get the 95octane paid by for work, so i just use it with octane booster.
I know its better to use the 98 or 97 octane, but its too far to go especially when i get the other stuff for free :roll:

mattygti-r

your mad, and if i was buying ./ viewing your car i wouldnt buy it for the fact u use 95 octane on it, even if u get it for free

octane bosoter wont make it 98ron!

LOU ROB

mattygti-r said:
for the sake of 5p per litre extra at the pumps just use proper fuel
I put nothing but optimax in the tank,but to reach my goal of 2.3-2.5 bar of boost even optimax is to weak :wink:

A

alfyboy

i stopped using Optimax cause my local shell garage starting taking the piss with their prices :evil: so ive switched to BP 97 and not noticed any difference :? . Im still running standard boost, will i f#*k things up by using this fuel

LOU ROB

alfyboy said:
i stopped using Optimax cause my local shell garage starting taking the naughty with their prices :evil: so ive switched to BP 97 and not noticed any difference :? . Im still running standard boost, will i f#*k things up by using this fuel
You should be fine using 97ron fuel.
Butl like matty said,keep clear of that 95ron unleaded stuff.