Unable to get 1st & 2nd gear!

A

Anonymous

After having my first Pulsar for two weeks the gears seem to have gone already!
i am unable to get 1st and 2nd gear, the stick will go across far enough to select but w i l l n o t go in! i have had the linkage off and tried to manual select the gears to no avail!

after speaking to a few people they say its a selector, has anyone else had this problem? and what did you do to fix it.... i understand the gearbox needs getting out which i have been quoted £300 for (inc putting back in) but whats the main things that need replacing when ive got it out?

selector fork?!

are there any other things that i can do - coz obvoiusly i dont want the box out every month - going to have a look at the clutch - any main bearing that may need looking at ? e.g input shaft?

there is some mild whineing in the early gears before it WENT

car has done 100000K

Many thanks for any help

paz

From what I've read on this topic your best bet is to go for a full rebuild so you know nothing else in the box is likely to fail next.

Its certainly what I would do in your situation.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help.

Paz

mattygti-r

lots,

you coudl get a recon box for about £600 or uprate to a quaiffe (spelling?) if your feeling particularly flush with cash

I

Innovate Performance

i quoted some one for 1st and 2nd gears with the sycro and selector fork about 3mounths ago for the same problem, i will try to find the quote and give you a rough cost.

Off the top of my head it was around £850 i think :?:

If you have got the box out then i would change the clutch, it is an added cost but it is better than another £600 late on.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys

i was looking at the exedy clutches are they any good? think that jason gant has got one in his but the better one than i would be looking at

we are looking at recon box then - not just replacing the broken bits?? and checking for ware?

J

jiw

i got my gearbox rebuilt with all new bearings new seals and a couple of selector forks for £685, that also included stripping down my transfer box, re-shimming it and re-sealing, jeff