Ultimate AVC-R Thread

Rage

Hey

I am finally going to tune in mye Apexi AVC-R right :D

Searched the forum for a couple of hours now, but found little information off and "complete" mapguide for the AVC-R.

Please post everything you have of settings here :D

Thanks

Fazz

I'll be the first to say if you dn't know how and need to search then don't do it.

You will probably cause detonation.

Have you got equipment for detecting detonation ??

Have you got a fuel computer/safc/emanage? I'm guessing not.

The basic settings for GTI-R for AVC-R are out there in the forums searches somewhere. But for "mapping" it sounds like you should leave it be or risk damage.

Take your chances if you wish. Good luck.

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Rage said:
Hey

Searched the forum for a couple of hours now, but found little information off and "complete" mapguide for the AVC-R.

Thanks
Every car is different,even with similar specs,so the settings will all be different :doh:

You don't just put in someone else's settings and hope for the best :doh:

A

andrew

oap-r said:
You don't just put in someone else's settings and hope for the best :doh:

lol, pmsl, i believe this only applies to the safc.

You can however use someone elses boost settings but will obviously not always get the same power or performance.
The avcr really needs to be tested on the road to get the best settings out of it

Last edited by a moderator:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
andrew said:
lol, pmsl, i believe this only applies to the safc
Can't see a queue of people going to you for avc-r set up after that :lol:

Every car should be treated as unique when getting anything set up whether it's an avc-r,safc,ecu etc etc as not every car behaves the same with duplicate settings.

Rage said:
Hey

Thanks
You don't really need to 'map' anything when it comes to the AVC-R. It self-learns and does quite a good job of it too.

Set your target boost, set a low percentage on the solenoid duty cycle and blast it from low revs to high revs in 3rd. If your target boost isn't achieved, raise the duty cycle a bit and do it again. Once you get the duty roughly right, and your target boost is held for most of the rev-range, the percentage readout changes to 3 asterixes (***) and it's in self-learn mode. From then on, the unit will dynamically adjust the duty for you.

It ain't hard. Try RTFM ;)