TYRES

J

jaygtir

hey all, i'm thinking of getting some tyres when the weather gets a bit better. i'm quite disappointed with the handling of my R (likes a bit of understeer, often). I hope its due to my dunlop sp200's at the front.
people i know keep going on about yoko's, so am wondering if i should get some a539's.
the car is running standard suspension with standard wheels, so just want some grippy rubber to keep me on the road.

any suggestions? money isnt an issue cos i don't really want to compromise on safety.

cheers. :D

I

Innovate Performance

Bridgestone SO3 they are very good all round, We use them for trackdays :D .

I

Innovate Performance

Dunlop supersport race tyres are wicked in the dry.

K

KRS

Dunlop sport sp9000s are very good
Have to agree, was having a talk yesturday with some friends, tyres are the most important bit of your car!!.... Dont try to save money here... It aint worth it.

GTIR-LOZ

to cure understeer the best way is the whiteline handling kit and some rose joint track rod ends on the front, mine drifts across roundabouts lovely now!!!!

J

jaygtir

great advice, cheers guys. have to start looking now over the long and dreary winter months! :cry:

DRC

So you have a set of DUNLOP “disaster masters” then. :D
You could choose some NANKANG “never grips” or maybe some FREEWAY “family finishers”. But seriously I would choose some EGALE F1s .

Do u guys get Yokohama Neovas AD207(Not to sure on the code though) over there?
Well those who are familiar with the D1 circuit should know what i'm talking.
I say one of the best performance tyres to date.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Yoko A539's are a good hard wearing tyre with progressive break away but are not the grippiest tyre in the book and would be disapointing compared to the other tyres being suggested.... but they are also a lot cheaper. When I was killing tyres on track days, I found the Hankook's very good value for money and used the a couple of sets of K102's. Noticed they've got some K104's out now that are Y rated.

Toyo's proxes are a good middle ground tyre.

If you've got the money though.... Bridgestone SO3's or Goodyear Eagle F1's... you won't be disapointed.

Jim

J

jaygtir

ok, think i might go for the f1's. i've heard good things and wanna find out for myself.

cheers again for the advice. :D