Tyres- what brands

J

jasegould

Just had 4 new 17" Bridgestones fitted, nearly put the R in a ditch at the first fast corner, was so used to having to oversteer on my old tyres - they were shagged...
What brands do people rate on here??

zia

i,ve got dunlop on the back and yoko on the front.good grip with yoko in the dry :wink:

zia

gtirpulsar

I've got yoko A539s all round and I hate them in the wet, they've not let me down but I feel scared of them.
I loved having toyo Proxes all round, but they do tend to be easy to drift - I mean I could push them comfortably to their limits wet and dry - apart from when they were goosed a la Lex at the Ring and Sirnixalot on the Snake Pass
I've had Goodyear Eagle F1s on the front and they rocked, I simply could not make them give up grip in the dry, and had really good grip in the wet.

J

J-GTi-R

I've got the Toyos on at the moment, they do seem nicely balanced and good in both the dry and the wet. Probably not the best for ultimate grip, but nice and progressive when they give up.

I'll wait until this set goes then I'm tossing up (or is that off... :oops: ) between trying the Eagle F1s or the Michelin Pilot Sports.

G

Gaz-R

Goodyear F1's are good mate :wink: I had them on the rear of my old R and Uniroyalls on the front. Never had any problems with grip :D

Got the uni's for £70 each
Goodyears for £100 each

MarkTurbo

Yoko A539's all round. They're not too bad in the wet (not as bad as some yoko's) Brilliant in the dry. Don't last that long if you drive the car hard though.
When i bought the car it had yoko A520's all round, the grip in the dry was amazing, but in the wet :shock: it used to slide all over the place.

W

wizgti

I've got pirelli p6000 all round and I think they're really good-wet and dry.
Not bad for £120 a pair including fitting etc!

Ta
Andrew

G

gotoinstant-redline

goodyear eagle F1's. the only tyre i trust. amazing grip in the dry and still very good in the wet.

all my wheel shave the same tyres. as its meant to be VERY bad for the 4x4 to have non matched tyres all round.

L.

A

Anonymous

I've got Kumho's (or however you spell it) on mine and they aren't much worse than the toyos I used to run. They also cost me £182 for 4 fitted and balanced. Grip isn't wonderful but the price is! :wink: On my old mustang I used to run Pirelli Pzeros and they grip like a bi-atch! but last long enough to get you home and that's about it. Then again my donut addiction probably didn't help! 300+ bhp, a RWD V8 and me DON'T mix! :wink:

Dunc

G

gotoinstant-redline

tyres are not about price!!! we drive performance cars. you NEED performance tyres. so only the best is good enough. dont compromise.. or i'll see ya in the buying and selling section with some scrap form an ex gtir..

you DO get what you pay for.

L.

A

Anonymous

J,

It was a tweeked up '95 5.0l mustang convertible. Loads of torque too so was an absolute hoot! I've mellowed a bit now and have got a '68 289 convertible. But I'm starting to get that big power RWD urge again to I've been looking into Supras, RX7s and supercharged Mustang cobras. :oops: I want to keep the R tho so the missus is close to kicking me out! :wink:

Dunc

A

Anonymous

Me too! Bullitt! :wink: Mine is red with a white roof. I'm having a full resto done on the chassis but she should be back soon!
Not sure if this'll work but...

This is my car just before I imported it.

Dunc