Twin plate clutches

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
All those who have twin plate clutches. Are you pleased with them, would you buy one again and are they more noisy than any other clutch.moved to tuning-skiddusmarkus

A

Anonymous

stevepudney said:
All those who have twin plate clutches. Are you pleased with them, would you buy one again and are they more noisy than any other clutch.moved to tuning-skiddusmarkus
can`t tell you much i`m afraid but,at a standstill the twin plate organic clutch from superclutch has a very light pedal and doesn`t appear to make any noise between engaged or released.

once it has been fitted properly :cry: i might be able to tell you more :wink:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
It depends on what driving you are doing. If you're stuck in traffic everyday then a twin plate will annoy you but if you are...... then you're probablty better off without a Gti-R anyway. I've had both organic and metallic plates on my superclutch. Both are good for different reasons but for me the metallic would be better as they're tough as old boots and I don't intend to get stuck in traffic with my R.

If you're running less than 320lb/ft torque, stick with an uprated single as IMO its not worth the cost and complexity to fit a twin plater unless you really need it (Include drag racing in the needing it bracket too).

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
so a twin plate and std boost is goin to be fun :oops: :lol:
That's the reason why I still don't replace mine. See previous comment about driving an R and not a shopping trolley :wink:

Sweeny

stevepudney said:
Am i pleased with it : Yes, Very.
Would you buy one again : O Yes, but gotta b OS Giken. :wink:
Are they more noisy than any other clutch : Fook yes, it annoys the f**k out of me, but i love it as it aint as harsh as a paddle.

James.