Turbo water in/out lets

mattytappy

Does it matter in what order these go on...ie does the flow of water have to go round the turbo a certain way?

Only ask as ive fitted some flexi braided hoses to my new roller tubby and its easier to route the pipe that joins to the water outlet coming from under the dizzy to the hole at the back of the turbo...( if that makes any sense to anyone) with the way it twists?

Matty

Animaldaz

But surely the drain hose back to the block wont stretch round to the front of the turbo? I found the hose solutions oulet hose very long, so i sent it back to get it shortened, which they had no quarms about doing.

mattytappy

I found the length ok....it just looked a better route from the distributer outlet to the back of the turbo rather than as you said having a bit of hose hanging around at the front nearer to the radiator....just wondered if they had to go on in a certainway.

regards

Matty

91_GTi-R

i would think that they should go in a certain order.
As the line under the distributer should go on the front side and the return to block on the rear im not sure how much pressure is in this system but if it was supposed to have the return on the rear and the one from up top on the front.
I would think that it should be that way. im not certain just my 2 cents i just think the flow would be better the original way thus the reason it was made that way
cheers alex

geoff pine

IT may have some thing to do with negative and positive pressure in the water system so i would leave it the way they built it .You may cause your self cavitation problems in your water system

Braveheart

I used the OE solid water feed pipe to the front of turbo because it sat better and not a real footer to screw up due to the rubber coupling unlike the other 2 OE pipes, water and oil at the rear.

mattytappy

Just a quick up date....:lol: :lol: ...i fitted the flexi hose solutions oil and water turbopipes round the wrong way to what they are standard( as they ran neater around that way):doh: .....and i now have mayonaise for water and oil....so its either the fact that the water lines being the wrong way round to what they are on a standard turbo and as someone said earlier has scavenged my system or my new tubby has blown the head gasket:lol: :lol: ...either way its fooked for nows.....OH well i wanted to rebuild it....just not as the weather turns so blooming nice....flipping cars:shtf:

mattytappy

:lol: :lol: ....no guts no glory eh sweetheart....:lol: :lol:

It was inevitable it was going to die.....i was just hoping for a few more miles this summer....fooking cars......:censored:

A

alana

mattytappy said:
:lol: :lol: ....no guts no glory eh sweetheart....:lol: :lol:
Well darling you could say that, Or you could say that your a mong!;-)
Why on earth would you put the turbo lines on backwards!!:doh:
Oh well good luck with the build buddy!:thumbsup:

mattytappy

alana said:
Well darling you could say that, Or you could say that your a mong!;-)
Why on earth would you put the turbo lines on backwards!!:doh:
Oh well good luck with the build buddy!:thumbsup:

Because sweetheart:fight2:....they ran towards where they needed to go in a better position:doh: than in standard arrangement, and i also thought that as it didnt matter in what order they go on as long as it has an inlet of coolent and an outlet of coolent:roll: to cool the turbo!

A

alana

The water on a turbo will only flow in one direction, If i had seen your first thread i would have posted!
Did you not think to call a turbo company?

gtirjoey

it does not make any differance, i did ring a turbo company and you defo cant blaim your water and oil mix down to this!

mattytappy

Cheers joey....thats what i suspected.;-)

Alana.....gis a kiss sweetheart:kiss:...stop getting your knickers in a twist.;-)