Trip

Transmission Gear Ratios:
1st - 3.285 (RB: 3.067)
2nd - 1.850 (RB: 2.095)
3rd - 1.272 (RB: 1.653)
4th - 0.954 (RB: 1.272)
5th - 0.740 (RB: 0.911)
Reverse - 3.266 (RB: 3.153)
first is too short and second is too long on the standard box.

RB box rocks. I'm running one hehehe.....
1st gear is more usable.
When you shift up from 2nd to 3rd u're still right smack in the heart of the power band...
Awsome....

Trip

Finished the race yesterday. I need a fast spooling turbo and a short ratio gearbox. I really need it. PERIOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5DE_UjQGY

Other problems i had .. a lot of ignition cuts like hitting a brick wall. Last race, the engine died twice and switched it on while on gear. From my datalogger I had a total of 5 seconds with 0 RPM :der:

P

pulsarboby

i agree with you ev
your having the same troubles i had with the 3071....you always need to be a gear lower to aid spool but then you do nothing but create loads of noise, wheelspin and understeer plus you gain no ground whatsoever and that means your losing valuable seconds.

i dont know if my new setup will work as planned yet as the cars still not quite ready but im expecting great things from the smaller tubby, aided by obscene amount of camber that il be running lol

Trip

i dont know if my new setup will work as planned yet as the cars still not quite ready but im expecting great things from the smaller tubby, aided by obscene amount of camber that il be running lol
And what is this obscene camber figure you'll be running ? :lol:

P

pulsarboby

haha i dont know at the moment but we took the proflex struts from the nme car we had in and basically dropped the whole suspension into our shell so its the same as what was on that car.
i would guess at least 4 degrees though...possibly more
you can visibly see the camber when looking at the car both front and rear
it will however be properly aligned once its all running correctly.

Trip

And i was scratching my head because i have 3deg and thought its way too much :)

Share your results once you get it aligned. It would be great to see the difference in camber, caster and KPI between NME and OE specs. :thumbsup: