Turbo Or Valve Guide Seals

jonn421

hi just need some advice, turned my boost up to 1 bar a few weeks ago, and now after a hard run,when i stop .. after a few seconds it puts out blue smoke for about ten sec then its ok,runs and pulls fine .just want to know if theres a way of telling if its the turbo seals or valve guide seals. compression tested it and around 160 on each cylinder, any advice would be great thanks.

gtir_pimp

i had this with my old rover turbo. turned the boost up very high and ragged it hard,then one day it puffed out smoke rings on tick over for a few seconds and got worse and lwent on for longer after i kept driving hard. it was the turbo. only did it when it got warm. if it was your valve stems it would smoke when first started up. if your quick there is one for sale on here from gav-kara i think

also had it on my pulsar. i left it and it got so bad the wheel/blades of the turbo actually come off of whatever its attatched to when it spins:lol: :lol:
mechanic never seen anything like it! i dont do things by half!

Last edited:

jonn421

ok thanks for your advice guys, shall take it off this weekend, do you know of anyone who can rebuild it in the bedfordshire,hertfordshire area . thanks