Turbo elbow and downpipe advice needed

G

GTiR Jon

Im about to buy a new downpipe for my R and was thinking i may aswell get an elbow too. Will the elbow and 3" pipe be of any benefit or could it actually be worse withough a 400bhp engine?
Reckon i should stick with a standard size pipe and elbow? I have a T28 Hybrid and frontmount but will only be running 1.1-1.2 bar as only have standard internals at the mo.

Dooie Pop Pop

buy a turbo back 3inch downpipe and discard that elbow/ac if you have it :wink:

your post kinda reads that your getting 400bhp from a t28h with 1.1bar :lol:

G

GTiR Jon

So it does :shock: :lol: So i should get a replacement elbow and 3" pipe is what your saying!? Cheers for the help mate, im still learning :p

G

GTiR Jon

Oh right! Sounds good. I'll be getting it custom made anyway so shouldnt be a problem! :wink: Cheers for the advice mate.

GTiR_Mic

I am getting a 3" Custom pipe done as well mate but Im using a V-Band adapotr to connect from the Turbo to the downpipe.

It will make it a lot easier to take the turbo off from the pipework if you want to change it.

Mic

G

GTiR Jon

Just booked mine in today! Thats what the guy recommended also. Paying £250 for the elbow and pipe fitted 8)

GTiR_Mic

GTiR Jon said:
Just booked mine in today! Thats what the guy recommended also. Paying £250 for the elbow and pipe fitted 8)
£250 for the pipe work and labour? That isn't to bad but getting mine a bit more cheaper :wink:

You going to use the V-Band?

Mic

G

GTiR Jon

GTiR_Mic said:
GTiR Jon said:
£250 for the pipe work and labour? That isn't to bad but getting mine a bit more cheaper :wink:

You going to use the V-Band?

Mic
Im not really sure mate, i think he is just gonna put a flange for it to bolt onto or something! Guarenteed me a mint job though, and their reputation is second to none :wink:

GTiR_Mic

I was all ready to put my car in there but I am putting into my mates garage, they done a lot of work on my other Sunny. Plus I can get a lot more done from them.

Mic