Transmission question

B

Bpeezy

hey guys, my name is brandon and i am new to the forums. i live in canada and i really want an r very badly. everyone out here tells me that the transmissions are weak after about 250bhp. can anyone shead some light on the subject for me. thanks

B

Bpeezy

okay, thanks bud. but correct me if i am wrong the more bhp you run the harder on the tranny. are there any companies that build stronger aftermarket transmissions? p.s. i drive an 1989 skyline gts-t right now, but they are getting to be so many of them out here i want something few people have

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Bpeezy said:
okay, thanks bud. but correct me if i am wrong the more bhp you run the harder on the tranny. are there any companies that build stronger aftermarket transmissions? p.s. i drive an 1989 skyline gts-t right now, but they are getting to be so many of them out here i want something few people have
Try a search for quaife,ppg etc

B

Bpeezy

sorry i'm kinda new to the whole tuner scene, those are performance companies right?

GTiR_Mic

No they are types of Gear sets you can get for the GTi-R. Quafie & PPG.

I was running 333bhp on a standard gear box and it was fine till I put a bigger turbo on and I destroyed it :lol:

If you are looking for around 400bhp go with a Quafie gear set and a good paddel clutch.

Mic

S

spanner man

i have just upd the boost on mine to 1bar and consequently stripped the teeth off 3rd gear. doh. so yes the transmissions are weak just looking into sorting mine again now!!