Toyota Celica GT4 ( 205)

J

jon205

ive got an st205 and have to admit these datsun thingies are quick cars,wouldn't swap mine for one tho.whenever boucheries is running(which doesn't seem to be that often :roll: ) we go for a burn up and he manages to keep up till we get to a corner,think thats why he has a box arriving from whiteline every week.GET THAT CAR FIXED BOUCHERIE.

Z

zid336

GT4

:? my mate ibby has got a GT4 wrc spec and runnin 1.2 bar at least 330bhp i admit the R is much quicker on the pull of but that GT4 cant be underestimated i was very surprised how good it actually goes for a car which weighs much heavier than the R, however sayin all that just bought myself a new big turbo waiting on delivery and a trip to Olly Owen for a bolt on bye bye gt4, if i didnt have a R i would definately consider a GT4. keepin the R one more year gona start saving for that Nissan Skyline R34 v spec it about that time!!!! :D

nismoboy

Re: GT4

my mate has a gt4 and it feels quicker than it actually is hes running 1 bar with 3 inch exhaust etc. and tbh its slow.

Q

QJDynamics.co.uk

Well I'm mates with Boucherie and Jon and out of the three cars Jon's is quickest and best handling..................for now! :D

Jon's done most on the engine but handling is fairly untouched. Mine has been lowered until the underpan is nearly on the floor and Boucheries.............well its not the lowest of cars although its had a shed load of money thrown at the suspension.

Out on the road, as we have several road trips. Jon's is best on corners, I haven't tried mine with new wider wheels and widebody track but will be hot on his heels now and Boucherie can be seen skipping and dancing and getting lots of opposite lock in the background.

It started to struggle on the A14 going road a steady radius bend at 40-50mph wheras me and Jon were on part throttle waiting patiently.

It certainly is a quck car, theres no denying that but us three aren't SLJ's so in the real world it loses what may be an acceleration edge on cornering ability.

O

Odin

Susp set up must be 5hite then, As I have no trouble with corner at all, Been around some pretty tight corners at well over a 100mph :twisted: .

Maybe he looses his bottle mid corner and lifts off :roll: ,Just about the worst thing you can do in an R lol.

Mind you I'd have plenty of time to slow down for the corners against you two as i'd be that far in front anyway :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

Q

QJDynamics.co.uk

plenty of time to slow down
Mind you you'd need it with those huge breaks :roll:

Not sure mate I'm now running 575@hubs is sufficient to see off most things

Q

QJDynamics.co.uk

Oh sorry just woke up pressed the 5 key should have been 1!

Just pulling ya leg mate..............next year...........next year

O

Odin

QJDynamics.co.uk said:
Oh sorry just woke up pressed the 5 key should have been 1!

Just pulling ya leg mate..............next year...........next year

Cool cool, I was getting worried for a minute there, Thought you might of had the first overweight 5hitter to give me a problem lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

G

gt4

hey vpulsar what power are you running mate if i may ask?
The gt4 is well underrated, its normally a bullit proof engine and GEARBOX ehm ehm!! ;)
only one thing that lets it down is the weight.. and if we're talking corners... :lol: ZID invite a few to come out with me, ;)