This is a stupid question

marcymarc

Simple as this, if you were to crash into a lamp post at 50mph in either a 2000 X FORD fiesta Zetec-s or a 1994 L NISSAN pulsar gti-r , which of the two do you think would handle the crash better?

andygtir

ive seen a R thats been in a head on at 50mph, front end was destroyed but the actual cabin was virtually intact.

cant say id like to be in either though :lol:

OZ-Racing

marcymarc said:
Simple as this, if you were to crash into a lamp post at 50mph in either a 2000 X FORD fiesta Zetec-s or a 1994 L NISSAN pulsar gti-r , which of the two do you think would handle the crash better?
This is a trick question isn't it :idea:

I say the lamp post :wink:

S

Stevie-Boy

Being in the pulsar would be worst, that would be a fine vehicle destroyed and the R count one closer to extinction. For that reason, if I was going to drive into a lamp post I'd pick the fiesta.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
marcymarc said:
are you planning an insurance scam! :lol: :lol:

marcymarc

Well the reason i asked such a stupid question is this, When i was 18 i got a Fiesta Zetec-s brand new and ended up crashing it , ending up with a dislicated hip and a smashed pelvis which had to be re-constructed... so anyway since the age of 20 now 23 ive had 3 imprezas, the best being a sti type r but i had to sell cus i was in debt, i felt really safe in the scoobs cus they are a big car,
But now im carless and have been wanting a Gti-r since school days but im really really paranoid that if i crash the pulsar i.ll fuk my hip up again cus its a small car.

Does anyone think i could make any modifacations to the gti-r to make the car more crash worthy?

Keira

marcymarc said:
Does anyone think i could make any modifacations to the gti-r to make the car more crash worthy?
full weld in roll cage 8) now p!ss off and ask dumb questions somewhere else :wink: :lol:

marcymarc

deisel weasel said:
marcymarc said:
full weld in roll cage 8) now p!ss off and ask dumb questions somewhere else :wink: :lol:

Good idea, why didnt i think of that :lol: :wink:

Keira

really wouldn't worry about it fella.

you can be unlucky in anything, look at that chap that died at the weekend in the rally :(

marcymarc

deisel weasel said:

you can be unlucky in anything, look at that chap that died at the weekend in the rally :(

Has anyone seen any footage of the Rally crash yet?

SunOnGTiR

marcymarc said:
deisel weasel said:

Has anyone seen any footage of the Rally crash yet?
Must have been quite a massive accident. :(
The other drivers and cars didn't even finish the rally.
The rally cars today are very,very strong.
I think they hit a tree,the damage was on the co-driver's side.

W

woodster

i've been a passenger in a few really bad accidents and only come out with cut's and stuff, but at the end of the day you were younger back then and i think now (I hope) you ain't gonna be driving like a complete tool (we all did it back then :wink: :oops: :oops: )

so if ya want the R get it mate :!:

bracpan

The Rally car was comming down a hill at nearly 100 mph and over shot a corner and hit a tree directly on the passenger side, believe he was dead at the scene, driver was unhurt, physically.
A real unlucky series of events. But that is motorsport, we all tend to put this to the back of our minds otherwise you could never race or rally.
Only consulation is he died doing something he loved, but you have to feel for his family.

Phil