Thermalblock gaskets

S

SplanK

Hiya guys...

just looking around for stuff to do to the DET engine when i get it..

http://www.ferriday.co.uk/gaskets/gaskets.shtml

Found this company in the uK that makes something called "thermalblock spacers" or gaskets that stop/dramaticly reduce heat transfer..

done a quick search but not foung anything on here...

quick run down
basicly these gasket fit between the engine block and the TB's to dramaticly reduce the intake air temp. On the SR20DE's these make a HUGE difference as they stop heat transfering from the block into the intake...

I was wondering if anybody had these fitted to a GTiR lump and if they had seen any decent gains or at least lower charge temps

They also do the exhaust gaskets which prevent exhaust temps increasing the temp of the block on a tubby engine - which can only be a good thing really...

£80ish for the pair - cant go far wrong with it really

KF79GTIR

good find mate makes an interesting read and a lot of sence never heard of this causing loss of performence before now

S

SplanK

ive known for a while now but they are not really a "known" product really out there..

Some of the guys found them on the Primera and Almera owners club found a company in the US that make and sell them... tis fine but can be a pain if they dont have designs for our engines (the US use a different intake bolt pattern and spacing than the UK blocks!) but i found a link to somewhere that makes them in the UK - and list the DET as a stockable item :D

Jul

I have both these gaskets and they do fit the R, get in touch with MikeTanski he sort you out a set

keggles2001

could be worth looking at maybe if they are any good and the gauge enough interest they could be tied in on a group buy?

gtirneil

There was a thread on the modifiers site about this, possibly a group buy, cant remeber..... doh!

Oh and welcome Splank matey, heard you got a good time at pod in october

S

SplanK

well i know they work well on the NA SR20 block - not many people have done it becuase its a **** to fit as you need to take the intake off the block - takes several hours if the engine is fitted to the car - engine out job really... just really wanted to know if these made a difference on the turbo block..

if there is enough interest then yeah a GB could be sorted - for the benifits, they are a "cheap" mod to do really...

ah and Neil - yes 15.3 seconds 1/4mile :D - i was on a mission to break into the 15's but didnt expect low 15's with my primera!!

S

SplanK

Fantasic news... got a reply of Mike today:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail.

No problem with a discount on orders of 6 or more mixed thermal products.

Retail prices for individual orders are £43.00 inlet & £46.00 exhaust, or £75.00 for the pair.

But, if bought in 6s price comes down to £33.00 inlet & £35.00 exhaust - you can mix any combination as long as the total order is more than 6. All these prices are totals, and include stud & nut kits - 50mm M8 studs, with Stainless washers & new Nylocs with insulating washers for the inlet - 50mm M8 studs & anti-vibration Stainless nuts for the exhaust.

Carriage on a bulk order to a single address will be around £10.00.

I hope this helps. If I've missed anything or you'd like a chat about any of this I can be reached on the number below.

All the best Steve,

Mike Tanski
Ferriday Engineering
www.ferriday.co.uk
01785 621710

----- Original Message -----
Obv the more orders the lower the initial shipping cost will be... then there would be a small amount extra to ship from the one address to the rest - most prob be less than £2-3 if that!