Tein edfc fitment

MORF114

can some one help me ! ?

I have tein super streets fitted and am putting in the edfc put whole kit in etc wired all up just about to put motors on when i realised that i dont have those little gold hex screws that go in place of the black ones ive tried to get this sorted through tein and the people i bought them off but they are just taking flipping ages to get back to me .

Tein told me that when they first started making the kit the gold hex screws came gold then after a while they came black the same colour as the ones already fitted in for manual adjustment,(and because i have black ones they will not send me ones i need even with a email with photo of ones supplied and ones already fitted) the instruction booklet states that they should sit flush with the top of the piston shaft the ones supplied dont fit flush and are exactly the same as the original ones, has any one fitted the edfc if so is it absolutely nessecary to fit the gold or longer hex screw and any one know why you have to change the hex screw anyway ??

Help needed as tein and company i bought them off are a useless bunch of cunts. :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's too long ago for me to remember now since I fitted mine, but I suggest you take the top bit (adjuster nob thingy) off the top of the shock and then see if the edfc fits straight into the hole left or not. I vaguely remember my bits were flush before I put the motor on.
Don't forget to adjust the strut (I think it mentioned about setting it so many clicks around or something) as per manual before you fit it.

MORF114

ive taken the top adjuster off had to take photos and send to tein as they didnt believe me that they didnt supply the gold hexs to sit flush (the place i bought them from doesnt want to know ) the motors fit inside ok but i really want to know from them whats the benefit or point to fitting the gold hex rather than the std ones in there i know the golds are longer than std black ones already in but to what benefit are they longer for and what do they do different.

And youd think they would be able to answer me wouldnt you, but no.

ill just go buy some if i can if not ill just go make some.

Cheers anyway

MORF114

well after a lot of bullshit and 1 year busy doing other bits i finally got some gold hex screws from a tein supplier 5 bucks each lol, they told me that as long as they are 10.5mm long you are fine but if they are shorter you need the gold hex screws for the edfc to work properly.