Stripped or Not??

Shall i leave my car stripped??

• Sound deaden it all and use original interior?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BenD

totally stripped the interior of the car today, but i am in two minds on what i should do with it :roll:

I was planning on just 2 sparco corsas with harnesses and a safety devices cage. but im not too sure.

my exhaust is not loud,so the noise wont bother me, but was thinking i may get pissed off in the winter when it will be fecking cold, and not being able to use the back seats to give any ho's some luvvin.

ill leave it up to you all to decide, but i probably wont take any notice anyway :roll: but would be interested as to what you all think.

Some pics of stripped and cage R's would be cool if anyone has any lying about!!

Cheers

Ben

coxie

i say do the stripped out thing ,i have with mine and i love it...although the mongoose on full chat is very noisy and i can hear every pop and bang...... :shock:

but i still love it. :twisted:

as pics scroll down page to the pics wanted of post.

M

Mart

Leave it just like that, but add a seat, steering wheel and pedals.

JOB DONE 8)

Davey

not being able to use the back seats to give any ho's some luvvin.
Lets be honest m8, it's so rare, it's not worth worring about is it?
You can borrow my car once a year if you want (as long as you dont let none of your crack whores in it) :shock: :D :wink:

How much did all that stuff weigh anyway?
I reckon you should put the front seats back in, and drive about for a while, and see what it's like :idea: :?:

J

J-GTi-R

Stripped and caged!! I'd eventually have done that to mine, but it's a bit harder to sell on with no interior.

skiddusmarkus

I haven't weighed all the bits out of my stripped interior but they're very light.The heaviest being the front seats at around 15kg each.I doubt the rest of the interior weighs much more than 25kg combined.

BTW-if you look above the rear arches you can see what I think is Nissans homlogation(sp)for the rear brace.It's a really beefy bracket that is no way just there to hold up the parcel shelf and if you put a bar between the mounting points you have a very cheap DIY brace.

J

Jon T

Get a fake floor put in there and have only the drivers seat, you'll have lots of flat floorspace then :)

BenD

Jon T said:
Get a fake floor put in there and have only the drivers seat, you'll have lots of flat floorspace then :)
Id buy a parcel force van if i wanted flat floor space :lol:

like skiddus said, the front seats are the main bulk of weight, everything else in there is so damn light :shock: Was looking at the reinforcing on the rear stut tops and they are well chunky :shock: so i might have to look into making my own brace if i go ahead with the cage :D

Cheers for comments, i still aint made my mind up tho :roll:

Ben

u can fook off dave :roll:

A

AJ4

Leave it stripped out !

I stripped all mine out and painted all the floor pan one colour, looks pretty good with just a couple of buckets and harness.

Nad

If u get a weld in cage most will have a cross member across the rear struts and if not its not a lot extra to pay.

Nad

BenD

YAY!!!!! :p

im deffo having it stripped anyhow, the cage wont be a weld in, just incase i change my mind, or i want to sell the car.

Need to get hold of rollcentre, as they aint mailed me back, other option is the safety devices, but i will have to see. the only trim i will be leaving is the front door cards :twisted:

Ben

skiddusmarkus

I took the carpet out of mine today for roll cage fitting.I've decided to leave the centre console,door cards and handbrake surround on for now to make it look something like a car as opposed to a cargo plane.The roof lining is out too so I'll finally be able to stop it rattling.

S

Sirnixalot

its fucking unbearable towning the car....you will not be able to hold a conversation with the engine running...least this is my belief.

How ever....i will be bearing it and ive still got lexan windows to put on :twisted:

Im looking to shave 115-140kg or 18-22stone

So far

AC compressor 15lbs
AC compressor mounting bracket 10lbs
AC dryer and engine bay lines 12lbs
AC fan 5lbs
AC evaporator core 5lbs
Heater core and AC distribution box 7lbs
All carpeting 8lbs
Rear winsheild wiper assembly 3lbs
Rear Seats 35lbs
Front seats 60lbs
Rear plastic trim and "door" cards 17lbs
Front door cards 14lbs (7lbs each)
Roof liner 4lbs
Engine wiring harness (not for faint of heart!) 6lbs
All of the factory sound deadening tar 34lbs

The rear side windows weigh 7lbs a pop if i remember...my lexan replacment only weighs 1 8) so thats a 12lbs savings again, ive still got the rear window and front onese to do.

Total so far 232lbs 8)

BenD

Sirnixalot said:
Total so far 232lbs 8)
thats 116 bags of sugar :shock: :shock: I cant believe how much the sound deadening/tar weighs, thats shocking. i aint taken that out yet, but i might use dry ice like you said, it looks a right bitch to get off :evil:

AC might have to be ripped out, following a chat with Mart and Paul Stride at PS :D

Ben

M

Mulisha

The onyl thing I have on mine is a gauge cluster, and a drivers seat. I removed everything and anything that was bolted in. I love it. Strip it. Remove your door cards and speakers. The inside door handles can be zip tied

gtirmouse

why dont u fit a nice cage but leave most of the interior in (i.e the practacle parts so u can still use it 4 normal use ) best of both worlds :?: what do u think :?:

i just think u will get pissed off with it after a while and lose enjoyment in it, unless of course, ur gonna have it 4 regular track use. i cant see the point in losing minimal weight for a road car, i have a hot hatch race car which is road legal and u wouldnt believe how unbearable it is after the novelty wears off :wink:

M

Mulisha

why dont u fit a nice cage but leave most of the interior in (i.e the practacle parts so u can still use it 4 normal use ) best of both worlds what do u think
I own this car to drag race and road race. If I wanted an everyday driver I would buy a minivan. Strip it all!