Streetable paddle clutch

A

Anonymous

For those that have paddle clutches, compared to an uprated organic one is there a preferred one for street use? The Helix 3 puck paddle for the MR2 Turbo drives just like a normal clutch, so is there something like that for the Pulsar?

Also what sort of life are you getting from your paddle clutches? At the moment I'm seeing over two years use on my HKS Organic, but it doesn't like me launching the car any more.

mattygti-r

ive the AP Paddle thou would recommend it if ur doing just track use etc

everyday driving it really shakes the car to bits

been in there for long time thou the car never really gets launched hard at all

I

Innovate Performance

Mate the RPS clutches hold good power on the organic type. The padle hold silly power and the pedel is not to bad.

mattygti-r

yeah paddles are ok but would just recommend the organic going on past peoples prbs

im soon be testing out an OS clutch but we shall see :lol:

A

Anonymous

I want a clutch that can stand up to a few hard launches and not drag / slip on fast hard gear changes. I wouldn't mind doing a few runs down the strip at Pod this year either.

Any pics or spec of the RPS Clutches?

A

Anonymous

Don't think I'll be getting one of those then!

What are you using now Daz?

K

KRS

OS Giken :D

I cant beileve the amount of abuse this thing will take. Ive launched it loads of times since ive had the car and its fine... previous owner told me he would have nuff respect for me if i broke it :lol:

D

Dee 1

KRS said:
OS Giken :D

I cant beileve the amount of abuse this thing will take. Ive launched it loads of times since ive had the car and its fine... previous owner told me he would have nuff respect for me if i broke it :lol:
Yeh got one sitting right here and cant wait to get it in 8)

£770.00 to my door aint bad neither :D

daz

i have an rps full organic plate and cover in my car now rated at 474 llb/ft from srb performance and have had no problems so far touch wood :lol:

LOU ROB

DON'T GIVE ME ABUSE :oops: But I use the exedy hyper single.
Superb bite and feel.Never had probs with the exedy clutches after 2 years of abuse 8)

( even though Edd thinks they are shit )

JIMMYBACK

LOU ROB said:
DON'T GIVE ME ABUSE :oops: But I use the exedy hyper single.
Superb bite and feel.Never had probs with the exedy clutches after 2 years of abuse 8)

( even though Edd thinks they are Skoda )
u must have one of the jap one then.i sure at some point they made some good ones :D

LOU ROB

JIMMYBACK B said:
u must have one of the jap one then.i sure at some point they made some good ones :D
Yes, I get the JAP version of exedy 8) , Thats what i've been trying to tell Edd and oap-r :roll:

Not all exedy are crap :eek:

ShayneG

LOU ROB said:
JIMMYBACK B said:
Yes, I get the JAP version of exedy 8) , Thats what i've been trying to tell Edd and oap-r :roll:

Not all exedy are crap :eek:
I have the Jap version too but I havn't got it fitted yet :!:

A

AVOGTIR

daz said:
my ap paddle after 5 weeks normal road use :shock:

I would be checking the dowels on the engine block, the red dust indicates mis alignment, og gearbox to engine, so your new replacement one might do the same again.

red dust is bad.

matt

ps exedy clutches aren;t bad, it's just the damn bearing they supply.

G

gav

missing spring

My spring has come out of my clutch the same as in the pic above after only 6 months noral road use never launched.. What could cause this.