Strange centre guages??

IrishDan

Hi guys since buying my car iv never noticed one the same as this anyone shed any light?
my centre guages are in the bottom not in the top like most iv seen, ie radio&centre guages oposite way around... was it an option or a phase 1/2 change or just sumones changed it???
il try and inclose a picture
Cheer Dan

RO_SUNNY

I my opinion they should be just under the center air vents!!

Because you have to monitor all the time the engine .....adn if they are aslow asthey are now you can't see nothing.....or you can see but if you check them at 100 mph you might aswell crash:))

Cheers

steve963

mine were gone altogether and the aircon stuff moved to where your radio is now, some Jap guy did it so he could fit a double din radio

warringtonjack

Thats where mine are. I put them lower down so that I could put my RSM up top. Oh, and did away with the stereo that some chvs decided to try and nick. :roll:

IrishDan

Mines got a toad system mate prity good even txts my fone when it gets set off and u can turn it off/dead lock it/imobilise it/etc etc all from your mobile!! you can even get an add on by wer u fit a mic and u can hear inside the car from your mobile

Gav_Kara

the gauges was in that place when i bought it cos it had a full sound system fitted with flip up head unit!!! it still had boot install ect when i sold it too and it was worth a fair bit!!

IrishDan

Aye it was all still there but not working due to some1 changeing/messing with the wireing i presume when the head unit was changed, had to rewire the front door speakers, tweaters, and the sub and amp what a head acke lol all sound great now really impressed with it, heres on for ya Gav i see from an old thread you had the Rpm guage working, now its never worked from day one iv had the car, was its power feed or earth run of the cd player and mabby been disturbed when it was changed by any chance havnt traced the wires back my self ?
And Great job you did of looking after the car its a great example im proud to own it, but the bloke i bought it off said it was forged ect :evil: iv just got myself a runabout for the winter and have pulled the motor out to stick sum shiney forged bits in so its all good:)

darkyGTI-R

I'd rather listen to the exhaust noise tbh even though I have a 1000 watt sub and amp in the boot it is my daily drive though likes me toons lol

Gav_Kara

Aye it was all still there but not working due to some1 changeing/messing with the wireing i presume when the head unit was changed, had to rewire the front door speakers, tweaters, and the sub and amp what a head acke lol all sound great now really impressed with it, heres on for ya Gav i see from an old thread you had the Rpm guage working, now its never worked from day one iv had the car, was its power feed or earth run of the cd player and mabby been disturbed when it was changed by any chance havnt traced the wires back my self ?
And Great job you did of looking after the car its a great example im proud to own it, but the bloke i bought it off said it was forged ect :evil: iv just got myself a runabout for the winter and have pulled the motor out to stick sum shiney forged bits in so its all good:)
cheers buddy i loved that car so i tryed my hardest too look after her!! the rpm gauge has 4 wires and one was a ignition feed which was run from the head unit!! it has a battery+ ignition earth and i think the other was lights!!! all sound system is ace stuff and a good sound!! i traded the R in for evo 6 which i also blew up after a month so its all running again and full forge internals..... please look after it and keep posting about it one thing i wonted was it to go to a good home and it looks like it has wounld of been such a shame for it to of been wrecked or broken for bits!!!

cheers gav