Std Turbo elbow

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
For those of us who like our creature comforts like aircon, are there any tricks / things that can be done with the Std Turbo elbow to improve flow :?:

eg Port it / bore it out with a dremel, or have a machinist bore it out :?:

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas :?:

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

Keira

the 3"front/dump pipe on my car was made around aircon.

get in touch with h & s in basildon, aint cheap but does the job very well..

shame i aint got aircon cos i could've had a better bigger elbow, but would be the best you'd get if you've still got it..

skiddusmarkus

A few of us have got the Dremel in there but there's not a great deal you can take off.You can smooth it up and that's about it.The big lump in it to make way for the aircon is the major restriction to flow.

I bet if someone could weld cast iron then you could cut this section out and weld some plate over it which would open it out more.No help for aircon owners though.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I was going to after having a slight incident involving a Seat people carrier, but seeing as the rad still sealed and the system still pressurised I thought I'd give it 1 more go :!: :)

Cheers for all your input people :D 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

skiddusmarkus said:
A few of us have got the Dremel in there but there's not a great deal you can take off.You can smooth it up and that's about it.The big lump in it to make way for the aircon is the major restriction to flow.

I bet if someone could weld cast iron then you could cut this section out and weld some plate over it which would open it out more.No help for aircon owners though.
this is what i thought about doing :D im taking my spare elbow( :shock: :lol: ) to a fabricator friend to give him his first look one. i understand this has been has been looked into before, lots. so if anyone can offer any advice.... :D thought the plate idea was nice and easy :wink: