Std boost gauge not working help!

Simmo

The standard boost gauge stopped working the other day, have got a hks one so it isnt that important but it would be nice to have it working again.

Anyone know where these are connected in the engine bay so I can check to see whether the connections fallen off or something?

Cheers, Simmo

J

justin666

As you look at the engine bay from in front of the car its over on the right hand side just past the battery on the inner wing. You will find a little black plastic box with a vac pipe commin out from the underside (or not in your case if its fallen off :? )

J.

Simmo

Had a look, the box is there with a black vac pipe running into it, the pipe goes out and behind the back of the engine (i think) but I cant see where the other end goes. Any ideas where it goes?

zia

goes into vaccum box on the back on inlet mani. providing it's not split your guage should still,unless the map sensor wire to guage has blown/shorted to earth. unplug the sensor and reconnect to see if this cure's it. if not check for earth/12v live and signal current to guage.

zia

Simmo

Dooie, does that basically mean it will run badly and be noticable is the vac hose was not on?