Standard Rod Bolts and high boost?

Simmo

A friend of mine picked up his R today, it's been built to a high standard (pretty much the same as mine) but the builders didnt use ARP rod bolts, they used new Nissan ones.

He's aiming for circa 400bhp @ crank, is it likely the bolts will withstand this or will they turn to treacle? If not, what sort of power can he safely run without spending a shed load of cash on a rebuild?

Cheers, Andy

ashills

i think ian at hiteq doesnt always use arp's on rebuilds maybe wrong though lol
probably better to leave as they are now rather than removing caps while in place as that may do more harm than good
i would have thought he would be ok at 400 but its a bit unknown area really as most people always stick arp's in on a rebuild
at least he gets to be guinea pig if it was me id just run it and see what happened should be fine

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Remember that Rob is running over 400bhp @ 1.5bar on a completely standard engine.... His is holding nicely...

You'll probably find that the Nissan ones are ok... Its just that the ones that break are generally 15years old and a little past their best...

Rishi

EVOBAD

i would think they will be fine if ther new they only really get weak when ther worn out but doesnyt matter what internals engine has got if its not set up right then it will go bang

Simmo

Cool cheers for the replies guys, I'll pass the info on.

He's got new Nissan bolts in there so fingers crossed :)

Dooie Pop Pop

RishiGTiR said:
Remember that Rob is running over 400bhp @ 1.5bar on a completely standard engine.... His is holding nicely...

Rishi
399.6 actually:lol: that extra .4 might just tip it over the edge lol