standard boost solenoid

gtir bean

i just got a mechanical boost controller thin(bleed valve with a ball and spring) but was wandering if i can use this in line with the standard boost solenoid?

Take the standard solenoid off. Its easier. Run new rubber line right from the wastegate to the manifold and cut it where you want the bleed valve... sweet.

You can run it in line with the standard solenoid if you want though. I suspect you may get better response without it though.

gtir bean

i have it on bypassing the standard solenoid just now but want to know if its worth using the standard solenoid.

I think you'll find that the standard solenoid is only there for when the car goes into limp home mode when the ecu detects a critical sensor problem.

I think it only removes about .2bar of boost when this happens. Not enough to make a huge difference really. And you'll know when your in limp home mode you wont be able to rev over like 3000 rpm.

Mine is long gone.

gtir bean

i was just thinking that if anything did go belly up it can go in limp mode so i would know about it then.