Standard Boost gauge and aftermarket gauge..

Sam_M

Right, ive hooked up an aftermarket boost gauge with the center one still working. Now reading some of the posts on here, if its reading dead on the thicker +7 notch that would mean 1bar???? On the after market it reads about 11.5/12psi. Too be honest it doesnt feel much quicker than standard on this, it is better, but not the big difference I was expecting.

Would I be correct in saying the Standard gauge is faulty, or am I reading it wrong.

Thanks
Sam

PaulB

The standard gauge reads up to 0.7BAR which is the +7 on the gauge. This is about 9 -10psi. My standard car would peak at 10psi and hold 9psi. This was confirmed when i bought a new uprated gauge.
To be honest, the standard gauge is a waste of space, so u might aswell junk the old one and use you new one. :thumbsup:

Sam_M

paulb81 said:
The standard gauge reads up to 0.7BAR which is the +7 on the gauge. This is about 9 -10psi. My standard car would peak at 10psi and hold 9psi. This was confirmed when i bought a new uprated gauge.
To be honest, the standard gauge is a waste of space, so u might aswell junk the old one and use you new one. :thumbsup:
Thats good to hear, thanks for that mate, :)