Standard 1/4 times?

T

TomWhite

What will a standard R 1/4 in?

I've been told its as slow as 14.5 secs?

T

TomWhite

Well bearing in mind my old clio would do it in low 15's and Clio RS's do it in 14's it doesnt seem that impressive

My bros sti will do low 13's too

LOU ROB

DannySR was in York last Sunday with a bog standard GTIR and he got himself into the 13's 8)

The peeps who can only manage 14.5 sec 1/4 must drive them like fanny's :lol:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
TomWhite said:
Well bearing in mind my old clio would do it in low 15's and Clio RS's do it in 14's it doesnt seem that impressive

My bros sti will do low 13's too
yip but keep the clio going for another 3/4 miles and see how FAR AWAY the R is. . . . . . .

a standard gtir (15 year old car) will do - or should do a 1/4 in the mid 13's. bear in mind these were detuned for the road due to a stupid gentlemans agreement back in Japan. 7 psi is fook all boost when it comes to a turbo'd car.

jonee

LOU ROB said:
DannySR was in York last Sunday with a bog standard GTIR and he got himself into the 13's 8)

The peeps who can only manage 14.5 sec 1/4 must drive them like fanny's :lol:

or just fat :oops: :D

jonee

F

fiecos dan

like that changes it,that much jon. :oops:

i've seen 13.8 @ 96 at the pod on std.

O

oddbodd

13.3 97mph gti-r 15.2 s13 got a hevy right foot thats all u need and take a deep breath

jonee

fiecos dan said:
like that changes it,that much jon. :oops:

i've seen 13.8 @ 96 at the pod on std.

well let me see.
a car weighs for example 1 ton and does the 1/4 in 15 secs with a driver weighing 19 stone

put a driver who weighs 8 stone less,are you gonna tell me the car will still do the 1/4 in 15 secs.

i think and know not.

jonee

J

jonnyboy

:shock: just face it jonee................................................ WHO ATE ALL THE PIES, WHO ATE ALL THE PIES, YOU.....................................!

:lol: :lol: only joking m8, just rip out that interior, rev the nuts out of it and dump that clutch :wink:

jonee

r

so if 8 stone is gonna make no difference to the cars performance then why does everyone strip their cars :roll:

jonny boy i thank you,pies no fry ups yes :oops:

jonnyboy are you doing brands on the 22nd of may,its the GP track.
come on you know you want to :D

jonee

F

fiecos dan

ok jonee.

you wiegh 19 stone, i wiegh 14stone.

your car done 1/4 at 13.5 with you in it, put a 14 stone driver in it it'll do 13.2 if driven like a girl. 8)

but if it makes as much diff as you say, a 14 stone driver will do 11 sec sprint. :?: :?:

so if i strip 5 stone of stuff out of my car, ill run wot?????

hi 8's :twisted:

jonee

fiecos dan said:
ok jonee.

you wiegh 19 stone, i wiegh 14stone.

your car done 1/4 at 13.5 with you in it, put a 14 stone driver in it it'll do 13.2 if driven like a girl. 8)

but if it makes as much diff as you say, a 14 stone driver will do 11 sec sprint. :?: :?:

so if i strip 5 stone of stuff out of my car, ill run wot?????

hi 8's :twisted:

now your just being silly :roll:

there is a formula for working out weight lossed/per second gained

and its on this forum.

its not 10ths of seconds but it is over a second.

jonee