SR20DET Pistons

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Quick one..

Fitting SR20DET Forged Pistons (non GTiR specific from the US)...

The comp ratio is 8:5:1 for these... Would this be rated different ie any higher or lower in the GTiR...?

Rishi

Mr GTiR

RishiGTiR said:
The comp ratio is 8:5:1 for these... Would this be rated different ie any higher or lower in the GTiR...?
they are fine, that's what i've got in mine.

thought GTiR CR was 8.4:1?

Rishi

What i was getting at was that if a Piston is rated at 8:5:1 in a normal SR20DET... Would it be rated as 8:5:1 in the GTiR SR20DET...

Rishi

Rishi

cmng said:
it rated 8.5.1 on normal SR20DET
but once fitted on GTIR it will be 8.3.1

The GTiR head that will cause the 8.3.1 compression

some pic to see it
http://www.jgycustoms.com/infolinks.htm

Thanks... Thats the info i was looking for... :D

So presumably with a 1.2mm head gasket it should bring the comp ratio to nearer the 8:5:1 seeing as the standard one is 1.4mm...?

Rishi

Hkondakci

Hi Rishi,
Look out if these pistons have the oil squirt excavation on the bottom rim of the piston, otherwise it isn't advisable to use them on the R. The 200sx don't have these oil squirts. What you eventually can do is to "cut" some material of the oil squirts so that the piston will not hit it's top and still can use the oil squirt. This could be done and is advised by JGY when using 200sx specific pistons, like the CP pistons.
Your CR will be fine, the only difference causing the CR in the R engine is indeed the circle shape of the combustion chamber.
rgds
habib

Rishi

Hkondakci said:
Hi Rishi,
Look out if these pistons have the oil squirt excavation on the bottom rim of the piston, otherwise it isn't advisable to use them on the R. The 200sx don't have these oil squirts. What you eventually can do is to "cut" some material of the oil squirts so that the piston will not hit it's top and still can use the oil squirt. This could be done and is advised by JGY when using 200sx specific pistons, like the CP pistons.
Your CR will be fine, the only difference causing the CR in the R engine is indeed the circle shape of the combustion chamber.
rgds
habib

Thanks again for the advice...

I was aware of the oil squirts issue before hand and i was just planning on cutting them down 1mm... i believe thats all that needs to come off..

I'm using CP pistons and Crower Rods... Its a very strong combination and will be enough for the kind of silly bhp and boost i'll be runing...

Rishi

Hkondakci

No problem mate, should be a very strong combination to use for 500hp+ engines, like to race you some time :D Good luck building her up, keep us posted.

rgds
habib

Rishi

Will do...

I'll start getting some pics up as the parts come in etc...

The engine will only take 1 or 2 weeks to build...

Hope to have it all finished, run in and mapped in 2 months...

GT3540R running 2.2bar...

Job done... :D