Squeaky clutch

Trondelond

When the car has been sitting overnight in cold/humid conditions, the clutch tends to squeak quite loudly while it's not fully engaged. It's some sort of uprated clutch, Helix, me thinks. People are screaming release bearings, but I want a second opinion. :D

Trondelond

I may have been unclear, but it's when the clutch itself enganges and starts to grip. That's when the sound comes, and it's pretty loud on the outside. I don't know if "squeak" is the perfect word to describe it though. Performancewise the cluch is just fine. I'm just wondering if it's temperature/humidity that does it.

It's definately not any belts :)

dobby

When i had my first pulsar it had the standard clutch and it was quiet. I then had a helix organic fitted and ever since it was noisey on the first 2-3 engagements when cold. On the second pulsar it has a new 5 paddle helic clutch and it does the exact same thing. does your noise dissappear after a few engagements?

Trondelond

I'll go with that explanation, as there are no problems at all with the clutch otherwise. The guy who owned it before me has even less technical insight than me, and couldn't tell me what clutch was fitted. A close friend of his is a well known tuner, and did a few mods to it before I got my hands on it.