Spark plugs

gtirneil

What are the spark plug codes for NGK in the 7,8, heat range and which would be best for 1-1.2 bar, ive done a search but dont have time to search through 40000 pages of sh1t. what do the standard engines have in them because i think i may well have been sold a wrong pair on ebay.

Cheers Neil

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Standard or Iridiums?
BKR8EIX are what James at IP sold me.
8s would be better for 1-1.2 bar I think.

gtirneil

Iridiums, the ones i have now have got a Number 6 after the letters and after a bit of a search on google i found that the 6 ones are for a normal 2.0 sunny so im running w@nk plugs which i think is why my cars is messing up

A

Anonymous

gtirneil said:
What are the spark plug codes for NGK in the 7,8, heat range and which would be best for 1-1.2 bar, ive done a search but dont have time to search through 40000 pages of log. what do the standard engines have in them because i think i may well have been sold a wrong pair on ebay.

Cheers Neil
maybe you should have just searched in the tuning or maintenance sections to cut out most of the crap :wink:

e-bay :lol: :lol: :lol: another mug born every minute :lol: :lol:

gtirneil

Maybe i should or maybe i shouldnt, we all make mistakes so theres no point living in the past :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ram5ay

Standard plugs for the "R" are NGK platinum - PFR7B, Nissan amongst others seem to sometimes fit PFR6B plugs by mistake (my R had these fitted when I got it) as these are what are listed for the 200SX I think.
I would agree with Fast Guy, you prob want a heat range 8 for running that boost, something like a Denso IK24 / HKS S40i or the like. 7's could be ok though, but I wouldnt run 6's.
:wink:

A

Anonymous

At the moment the car is completley standard and i noticed yesterday that it is running iridium NGK 6's :? which is why it feels funny sometimes (does this sound right) so im going to place an order today for some 8's.

One more thing, will there be a problem running the 8's on standard boost ? its only going to be for a couple of weeks

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Anonymous said:
At the moment the car is completley standard and i noticed yesterday that it is running iridium NGK 6's :? which is why it feels funny sometimes (does this sound right) so im going to place an order today for some 8's.

One more thing, will there be a problem running the 8's on standard boost ? its only going to be for a couple of weeks
the 8's will be fine mate :wink: all R owners should be using these IMO to prevent preignition. i wouldnt use anything else

K

kizzyturbo4x4

ive always used the Denso IK24 ones`s.
They has proven to take the temps of 1,2bar for me for quite some time.