Smells like clutch

R

rx7rotary

Hey guys,

Whenever I drive my R and stop, there is a funny smell, smells like clutch but not sure, checked all the hoses and oil leaks, nothing there. Clutch is 3 months old and its great. However that smell is worrying me, similar to breaks smell when they burn but its not brakes, what else could it be and should I be worried?

Thanks alot
MJ

MarkTurbo

Well if it smells like clutch then its gotta be either the clutch or the brakes.

What sort of power are you running? And what clutch is it? It could be the clutch slipping but are you sure you haven't got a sticking brake caliper or anything?

R

rx7rotary

Its a really funny smell, not like brakes and not like clutch, really not sure, dont have a sticking caliper, checked that. smell comes from around intercooler. It is a fully standard R with a fairly new (3-4mnth) clutch. Clutch doesnt slip at all.

Thanks

kyepan

before ya worry bout the clutch, give the brakes a good service, and bleed all of them through completely.. mine were in a terrible state, and after bleeding .. no more nasty smells. lots of copperslip etc. 8)