Sluggish

N

nelly R

Sometimes my car goes sluggish and starts hesitating and i lose 0.2 bar of boost. The car has new plugs, msd coil, leads, rotor arm and cap, fuel filter and uprated fuel pump. If i shut the car off for a few minutes and then start it, its back to normal. The problem only happens now and again. Ive done a ecu check and it comes up all clear :? .
Any help will be much appreciated :D

J

jiw

I sometimes have the same problem but i dont loose the boost :?

kyepan

ahh.. sounds like it could be a form of safe mode, the ecu cuts the boost when its actuated normally, and retards the ignition on detection of det from the knock sensor. it will also do this when the knock sensor is faulty.

search for and do a "fault code check" with a paper clip, explanations are all over this ste.
if it comes up 3:4 and you clear it drive about and it comes up 3:4 again, your knock sensor may be knackered. 170 quid and a broken wrist fitting it.

Are you both running on optimax, cause it might also be dodgy fuel causing the det and igniton retarding. 8)

hope it gets sorted soon.

J

jiw

i have fitted a new knock sensor so thats fine, it hurts doesnt it, my lambda is dead i think, it has a dent in it and i did the rev to 2000rpm test for two minutes and no lights flashed, got a nearly new one in the post thank's to ashills, ive ordered an msd blaster coil and i think my maf may need a clean so i have bought some isopropyl alcohol to clean it in, will let you know how i get on, jeff.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It sounds like det being detected and the ecu kicking in, it retards the ignition and cuts boost slightly.
Like Kyepan says, do the fault code check and see if 34 comes up

J

jiw

also im suspecting my timing is out too, need to get my box sorted before i get it on the roller's, should be in the next couple of weeks now xmas is over :lol:

N

nelly R

It does feels like every thing is retarding. Ive done a ecu check and it came up all clear but as i said it goes back to normal when i shut it off :? I think i might change the det senser anyway just so i can rule it out :D

N

nelly R

No mate i did'nt. I had this problem before i fitted the coil so it cant be that :D

J

jiw

i think you need to fit the resistor mate, where did you buy the coil? ive just ordered one and they told me the resistor comes with it, jeff

N

nelly R

I bought the coil off a guy on here brand new but all i had was the coil and fitting kit. Where can i get the resistor from :?:

skiddusmarkus

I got mine off Ebay-the resistor is $10 plus shipping.I'm sure you could get them in the UK though-I think they're an 0.7ohm resistor and it looks like a big eraser.

N

nelly R

skiddusmarkus said:
I got mine off Ebay-the resistor is $10 plus shipping.I'm sure you could get them in the UK though-I think they're an 0.7ohm resistor and it looks like a big eraser.
Cheers mate i'll have a look on ebay but if i have no luck i'll have to order 1 :D