Slicks / Wheel fitment

O

olidaviesuk

Hey All,

Picking up some Yokohoma Advan cut slicks tonight :D

Getting them a bit cheap secondhand (are quite wide '225' so thinking im going to have to use a wheel spacers)

Does anyone know if the 200SX, Primera and Almera wheels fit striaght on the GTiR, as im thinking it might be a very cheap option to pick up a cheap set of 15 x 7 wheels from one of those cars to stick my slicks on.

Also if you know any other cars, whose wheel fitment will go straight on, that would be good as im desperate to get these babies on the track.. 8)

Cheers

Oli

O

Odin

Seat and vw wheels fit i beleave which gives you even more options :wink: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It'll depend on the centre bore of those wheels. The Gtir is 59.1mm.
What diammetre are the tyres as I had 225/40/16s on 7x16s (et 35ish) with no fouling problems.

O

olidaviesuk

erm well got them back this evening, by the time you actually convert them into normal tyre sizes.....

works out to be 15/60/235 ish, turns out racing slicks work out slightly different to normal tyres as the silollette of the tyre is almost mushroom shaped if you see what i mean.... diameter is 580 mm

i think the only thing to do is to get them on to a rim and see how they go on. :? If they do the R is going to look like its on rollerskates and stick to the track like s h i t to a blanket, who needs to brake for corners :roll:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
225's onb 15" x 7" will be a bit rolly polly. My MR2 used to run this at the back as standard but a 205 on a 7" gives much sharper handling. Once the 225's had stopped rolling they did deliver more grip but corner entry was awful unless you used big psi.

Just my opinon.

Jim

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

olidaviesuk said:
works out to be 15/60/235 ish, turns out racing slicks work out slightly different to normal tyres as the silollette of the tyre is almost mushroom shaped if you see what i mean.... diameter is 580 mm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just re-read the whole post

and again

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: