Shift knob thread size... 12x1.25 or 10x1.25 ??

P

Pascal

Yeah, so... anybody every measure it, or find out? Looking to order a new shift knob for the R. Thanks in advance!

O

Odin

Pascal said:
Yeah, so... anybody every measure it, or find out? Looking to order a new shift knob for the R. Thanks in advance!
I've got a nice round alloy Momo gear knob going spare if you're interested ?.

Rob

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Pascal said:
Why not just remove your current shift knob and measure it?

It'll take all of about 5 mins :thumbsup:

P

Pascal

Odin said:
I've got a nice round alloy Momo gear knob going spare if you're interested ?.
Sorry Rob, I'm going to have a buddy / fabricator do a custom job. Trying to accomplish something different here, will post pictures if it works well. 8)

P

Pascal

oap-r said:
Why not just remove your current shift knob and measure it?

It'll take all of about 5 mins :thumbsup:
I don't know how well equipped your toolbox is, but over here I don't have the means to measure thread size... Unless you can tell me of a trick that will yield a precise measurement?

O

Odin

Pascal said:
I don't know how well equipped your toolbox is, but over here I don't have the means to measure thread size... Unless you can tell me of a trick that will yield a precise measurement?
Just go down the local nut and bolt shop and find a bolt that screws in OK, Then you will know won't you ;-) , Simple ah :thumbsup: .

Rob

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Pascal said:
FFS it's either an M12 or an M10 :shock:

Even a lickle plasticky toy ruler would do.It doesn't have to be accurate to the nearest micron :doh:

P

Pascal

oap-r said:
FFS it's either an M12 or an M10 :shock:

Even a lickle plasticky toy ruler would do.It doesn't have to be accurate to the nearest micron :doh:
The rod size (M12 or M10) is not hard to figure out, I don't want to make a mistake with the thread spacing (1.25 or 1.5) ... and I'm not sure how to measure that with a ruler, let me know if you have a trick. If I had a complete die set I could find the matching one easily but I don't have anything that goes up to that size.

O

Odin

MINESGTIR said:
rob ? £5 + postage for something that's lying around that you ain't using ? :)
I think I'll keep using it as a paper weight fella, After all we are speaking about a Momo gear nob hear and not some cheap halfords shite ;-) .

Rob

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Pascal said:
The rod size (M12 or M10) is not hard to figure out, I don't want to make a mistake with the thread spacing (1.25 or 1.5) ... and I'm not sure how to measure that with a ruler, let me know if you have a trick. If I had a complete die set I could find the matching one easily but I don't have anything that goes up to that size.
you :mong: that's not what you asked in the 1st post headline :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You asked if it was 12x1.25 or 10x1.25 :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

Pascal

oap-r said:
you :mong: that's not what you asked in the 1st post headline :lol: :lol: :lol:
:doh: :doh: Shoulda been more specific!!

What I meant is that I need to find out both the rod size AND the thread spacing. Arggh... :yuck: :doh:

Don't wanna have something machined to the wrong specs. Going to hit the hardware store and buy one of each nut to try on the thread I guess.

vizi0n

Hey there Pascal! You have probably figured it out since March but I'll post the info if anyone is on the lookout for a shift knob that fits bolt-on. I've just measured mine a few minutes ago and it comes out as M10x1.25

There we go!

Hope that helped someone!

Frank