screamer pipe

steve963

youngsyp said:
But yes, a turbo with external wastegate would be nice. Along with the 3" outlet on the turbo with 'V' band elbow ! GT3071 it is then ! ;-)

Paul
whats a V band elbow, sounds interesting?

warringtonjack

tenfoloten said:
in conclusion..
with standard turbo at over 1 bar screamer YES or NO??
Personally............. No!

I will be utilising a screamer pipe, but thats cos i'll be using an externally wastegated 3076R! ;)

youngsyp

Odin said:
This my down pipe.

I think running a screamer pipe should and is probably illegal, And in my opinion is totally antisocial :roll: :doh: .

Rob
That's the one and I totally agree.

It would also get very tiring to listen to, in a very short time I'd imagine.

Paul

A

alana

One big fault with the screamer pipe is the fumes will come in the car through the fresh air vents!
Apart from that i like em!

warringtonjack

Thats why the modern choice of the charvers is to have it externally venting through the front wing, just like a front exit exhaust. ;)

Nad

Just to throw a spanner in the works, had a screamer pipe on my car 7 yrs ago. It worked fine, no fumes ever came in the car and it was never that noisy. Not sure what I will be going with when it goes back together. Will no doubt get two pipes made up so I can alternate it depending on which works best.

Shown on right hand side of photo:

Last edited:

MORF114

I vented mine back into exhaust the though of getting pulled by the plod was just too much bullshit i could be arsed with.

I remember racing a scooby a couple of years ago with a screamer and it sounded bloody horrible as he sped past me and was so loud it hurt my ears very horrid , i wasnt in the R tho i was in the old mans scooby giving it a good run for him :lol:

steve963

think im gonna try to weld mine back into the exhaust, it does hurt your ears, I feel sorry for people I overtake who have the window down! so much so, I try to go past without opening the wastegate!

GTi-R23

steve963 said:
think im gonna try to weld mine back into the exhaust, it does hurt your ears, I feel sorry for people I overtake who have the window down! so much so, I try to go past without opening the wastegate!
:lol: Gay, you don't deserve to own an R!

MORF114

gay!! lol ive had machine guns and bombs going off in my ears and they sound lovely compared to a screamer pipe, its not called a screamer pipe for nothing!!

Its worse than the missus!!

steve963 said:
I feel sorry for people I overtake who have the window down! so much so, I try to go past without opening the wastegate!
hahaha!! that is when you open it up, specially on old people doing 30 in a 60 lol8)

steve963

jambo_gtir said:
hahaha!! that is when you open it up, specially on old people doing 30 in a 60 lol8)
well some people just ask for it, bleeding ears is a small punishment, for say, owning a saxo and thinking your king of the road

no point with the old people, cause there deaf anyway:lol: