SAFC problems, help please!

B

Bumpkin

Hi,
I've had an Apexi SAFC fitted for a couple of trouble free months now, but today, I noticed an odd problem. The monitor mode has 3 options, graph, clocks or text. On the graph its fine but on the other 2, when I press the throttle the reading goes up but doesn't come back down again, its also the same for the revs. As I said, its fine on the graph display so I imagine the fuelling setup remains stable but I still need peace of mind and a properly working SAFC ideally.

Anyone seen this before ? Apexi site doesn't allow questions unfortunately so I'm hoping someone here knows.

cheers
JB

second post deleted......

B

Brett G

I haven't got one myself but could it be that it's showing you the peak readings of all the perameters??

B

Bumpkin

its possible but unlikely. As far as I can tell there is no feature to show that and anyway I've made no changes since it was working fine.

A

Anonymous

im pretty sure this is peak hold mate.

i think you press right to turn it back off, press one direction anyway.

B

Bumpkin

I'm definitely going to check this out, maybe one of the kids has been playing......

cheers guys
John

The symptoms described is definitely a result of the peak-hold feature being enabled. A quick press of one of the direction buttons (forget which) will return it to normal.

B

Bumpkin

:oops: :oops: :oops: Well don't I feel a twat :oops: :oops: :oops:

Problem now sorted by turning off peak hold. Must download the manual again :!:

Thanks for the help guys. :wink:

andygtir

i keep my display on peak knock- worthwhile looking at it when out for a drive, the normal display wont show any signs of knock if you look at it when driving normally, so look at the peak after a rag.