safc and avcr settings

A

Anonymous

hi all, i have been building a fwd gtir engined sunny gti for ages now and i still havent got it running right.

the car i bought for the engine had a few mods done to it and as far as i know was running ok and was quick before i fitted the motor in my car.

mods include safc, avcr, hks 87mm pistons, 1.2mm head gasket, walboro fuel pump, lialac/purple coloured injectors (dont know what size they are), forge fmic, t28 roller bearing turbo, ssbov, maybee a couple of other things, thats all i can think of for now.

when i first fitted the engine and looked at the settings on the apexi's, they were set for 6 cylinders and other things were wrong. i tried messing about with a few things but it always pulled really well until it hit full boost then it just seemed to make a lot of noise and stop pulling(the higher the gear the worse it was).

anyway, my mate has recently got a pulsar running 1 bar with an avcr so i copied his settings the other day, and it is going a lot better now. the only thing is i need to check through all the settings just so i know im somewhere near.

i know i need to get it set up professionally, and that other peoples correction maps will not be right for my car, but i am out of work at the moment, so the car is not being used anyway. i would just like to know that the settings that are the same for all gtirs, are correct on mine, and maybee just a base map for a car with larger injectors. (or even just a safe map to stop me blowing my engine up)

or even better, someone who is good with these apexi units, lives somewhere near middlesbrough, and wouldnt mide having a quick look to see if they can spot anything obvious.

i promise i have searched, i have downloaded the manuals, and searched this and other sites.

i just need some (free) help.

cheers

A

Anonymous

so far ive got a carbon vent, but no bonnet to put it in, the mould is done. and the mould for the side vents are done. there has been no progress since i last posted i dont think, but it will happen one day.

if i had some money to wave in the lads face then my bonnet would be done. at the moment he is concentrating making kayak's but he said he would do me one really cheap the other day(if i pay just the raw materials) i hadn't seen him for months before that.

i have a pic on my phone of the vent, if anyone wants me to e-mail off my fone to them so they can post it on here, id be more than happy to do so.

is there any sites for apexi set up tips, or any way i can learn how to use it properly off the net. it a shame there's not a course you can go on.