running rough and fault code 43

bengilmore

ok any ideas which wire to look for?

I have a wire not connected, its a small grey plug. In the guide to removing the engine, its point Number 22 and it says the small grey plug going by the recirculating dump valve. But this plug is too small to fit into the gap in the sensor :roll:

A

AJ4

Are these any help ??

Check to make sure that this lead is plugged in. On some models the lead plugs directly to the TPS, on others the TPS has a small flying lead that goes to a bracket just behind the distributer, and the lead plugs in there.

J

jpward

:shock:

Doesnt sound great this may help?

one just behind coil with a bit of green wire :wink:

bengilmore

ok, so ive looked everywhere for the connection that goes into the Throttle position sensor but can't find a spare connection anywhere in the engine bay.

Below is a picture of the spare small grey connection that is beside the TPS, but its too small to fit into it. Anyone recognise this connection and know where it goes :?: And also anyone know where the connection that goes into the TPS comes from :?:

Cheers

J

jpward

Bumpy :?

I'll have a look tomorrow in the light mate and see whats that plug into on mine as its on the harness there should be easy to find where it goes, can you see what colours of lead are going into the grey connector?

bengilmore

jpward said:
Bumpy :?

I'll have a look tomorrow in the light mate and see whats that plug into on mine as its on the harness there should be easy to find where it goes, can you see what colours of lead are going into the grey connector?
There wrapped in tape but ill take the tape off this evening and have a look

bengilmore

Got a pm, saying that there should be a wire going between the small grey plug and the TPS plug

Anyone elso know anything about this or have a part number for the lead

Cheers

bengilmore

Ok so got the car sorted last night :twisted: :p

It was the lead between the TPS and the other connection that was missing.
Got one from a mates old engine last night and the R now runs sweet again.

So thanks for all the help and also to SYPHER, for sending me the pm, suggesting that it was the lead that was missing :wink:

Gray

I have the same problem of irratic idle but only every now and again but i dont get any hesitating

I also keep having water missing from the expansion tank