Running 1 Bar on stock fuel pump

buffalobilla

Jus got a bleed valve installed and the cars running at 1Bar. I have upgraded to Iridium tip plugz, got a decat turbo back mongoose, ind kit and dump valve but havent changed my fuel pump
will this damage anything if im booting it around hard? :? :roll: :roll:

kyepan

best way to find out is get it on a rolling road with the lamda probe up its tail pipe and see if its running lean or not.. change the fuel filter to make sure its got no restrictions their too..

for the sake of 50-100 quid, its what I would do.

T

Trev-R

For the sake of £100, be safe not sorry and get the fuel pump. 8) You don't want things to melt! :shock:

kyepan

buffalobilla said:
can i put a lamba probe in the exhaust when the carz stationary n keep it revved?
8)
No cos the engine has to be under load and on boost two things you can't achive sitting still. the test will check at each point throughout the rev range..to see where.. if anywhere it is leaning out.. the only way to do that is on a rolling road.. or with det cans and a propper wide band lamda sensor on the road.. but both are expensive and ...

just go to a tuner and put it on the r r.. where abouts are you, and somone will recommend them.

kyepan

buffalobilla said:
iz power engineering in uxbridge n e good with pulsarz?
like if i want n e thing doin to the car?
honest opinion is learn to do it yourself, tuners are a complete rip off, only go to them as a last resort and then only for certain things. Chances are somone on here would have done what ever you need doing before and will tell you how..or maybe even come and give you a hand gratis... or you will be able to find out "how to" with the search function.

tuners are pricy to buy bits from, get services from, have engines built buy.. pricy for labour.. etc etc..unless you have money to burn.

one thing you can't do unfortunately is rolling road your car.. unless your a tuner.

J

Jon

CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP DUDE....................
the bushes in my old stock fuel pump @ 1bar cost me the price of the detonation of no3 piston as it was under fueling so Hiteq diagnosed

just under 3 grand could have been saved by 79 quid & an hour of your time..

Only a suggestion though :) your call.

kyepan

JON said:
CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP DUDE....................
the bushes in my old stock fuel pump @ 1bar cost me the price of the detonation of no3 piston as it was under fueling so Hiteq diagnosed

just under 3 grand could have been saved by 79 quid & an hour of your time..

Only a suggestion though :) your call.
sage words.