royal purple motor oil

S

str_motorsport

have you ever heard of them??seems to be a very good oil and claimed to be the best oil from many top us tuners....
what do you think?

R-Type

Very expensive, but supposed to be the best!
A garage near where i work use it in their BMW touring cars (M3CSL) & swear by the stuff, say they've never had an engine failure using this stuff as opposed to other so called performance oils.

http://www.royalpurple.co.uk/

S

str_motorsport

here in italy it is not soo expensive...the same price of the castrol rs...£8 per L!!!
they do a racing 20w50 oil...would it be suitable?

in the usa it is very cheap!!!and even with shipping cost it will be less than £8 L....

oilman

Use Silkolene, it's cheaper, available to your door, made in the UK, and believe it or not better!

Cheers
Simon

S

str_motorsport

and what abour cstrol tws 10w60 or motule competition oils?

oilman

str_motorsport said:
and what abour cstrol tws 10w60 or motule competition oils?
Motul do some average oils. Some of their higher spec ones are ok.

The Castrol RS 10w-60 is just a hydrocracked mineral oil I am afraid, nothing special at all.

Cheers

Guy.

S

str_motorsport

so castro rs is not a fully syntetic motor oil?in the tech spes the specify syntetic....
so the silkolene is better than the motul too?the motuls has also an esteb based oil ...am i wrong?which is the best viscosity for the gti-r?
and the price for silkolene?

oilman

str_motorsport said:
so castro rs is not a fully syntetic motor oil?in the tech spes the specify syntetic....
so the silkolene is better than the motul too?the motuls has also an esteb based oil ...am i wrong?which is the best viscosity for the gti-r?
and the price for silkolene?
The Castrol is not a true synthetic. I will post something about this next. The Motul uses ester however it all depends on how much, on average it is around 10% however a good one like the Silkolene is around 20%.

For the GTI-R go for the Silkolene Pro S 10w-50. There are a few using it on this forum now with good results.

E-mail me at Sales@opieoils.co.uk for prices.

Cheers

Guy.

S

str_motorsport

thanks mate for yor info...
i was a bit confused on synthetic oils...
i always found the motul 15w60 was good and they now released the "double ester" 300v range.
10% was the ester content of the previous range or the new double ester range?
thanks for your answers.

oilman

kyepan said:
is the millers 10w-60 a fully synthetic or cracked oil?
To be honest we are not sure. We have been un able to lay our hands on the correct tech data to find out. Though as a general rule of thum most SEA60 grades are hydrocracked.

Cheers

Guy.