reving temp guage

P

paulw

Can anyone help me, I have just replaced the exhaust manifold gasket on my R and since i put it back together when i either rev the car or accelerate when engine is warm the temperature guage revs aswell. But it only revs down towards cold and when u let of the accelerater it goes back to normal (half way).

paul

S

Sunny Nutter

you need to fiddle with or clean the connection where the wire goes onto the sensor on the engine....its a pretty common problem,
I can't remember exactly wher the connection is, I will look tonight and post up details!

C

charlie

Ive posted this alot of times before, its the connection on the back of the block to the temp sensor- as sunny nutter says. Just give it a wiggle.

stnding from the front of the car its on the left hand rear side of the engine, under the inlet plenum, you can just about get to it by squeezing your hand through the gap between the plenum and brake master cylinder.

What you're looking for is a small casting, with 2 plugs/sensors stigging out the back. Just give the connectors a wiggle to clean of any grime, and it should solve your problem.

Also- nismoboy solved the problem by completely draining and refillig his cooling system- so if the connector doesn't solve it, then the latter should as i presume you had the turbo/rad off to get the manifold out.

gtir350

Hi , This is dave, with the black pulsar from down the road,
glad you got it all back together !!, shame u could'nt get the the pod tho.
If you have any probs fixin the sensor prob over, n i'll have a look.

Had the same prob on my car after re-build,

Dave