Replacement Dump Valve?!?!

S

scottie686

Afternoon all!!

I'm the new boy here so pls be gentle!! I bought my first 'R' last weekend. Imported over from Japan a couple of months ago, completely standard, 32,000 miles (51,000 kilometres) on the clock and full Jap service history.

I dont want to go to over the top with the mods, ideally stage one only. I fitted an Airfilter Sunday no hasstles but have a query about the dump valve.

I had a Saff Cossie about a year ago and a guy called Mark Grove who works with Ahmed Bayoo recommended I run the car without a dump valve. Simply put the blankings in the hoses and block off the vacuum hose on the inlet.

The result was everytime changing gear the car would chirp like a budgie!! Very rally slag I thought!! When putting the airfilter on the 'R' noticed that the actuator chirp was very short and sounded pretty cool and the customery ppptssshhhhh was very quiet as still running the standard re-circulating dump valve.

firstly, and I dont mean to ramble any more, does anyone know of anyone who may have removed their dump valve all together or know what the implecations would be if I did? On the cossie it was aparantly quite safe, but with the 'R', new car new rules?!?! Last thing I want is to be 'exercising' the 'R' on some country lanes and then blow the actuator to pieces!!

Cheers.

O

Odin

I think Paul tryed this, So I'd wait for a reply from him :wink:

rob